nVidia Quadro vs ATI Firepro

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Kakkoii
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Originally posted by: Kakkoii
I just softmodded my old x1650pro into a FireGL v5200 yesterday. Scores in SPECViewperf rose around 8-10 times! Quite awesome.

What did you score on the Maya scenes ? That is the one that seems to take the most performance hits between the pro and game cards .

8.03 as x1650pro
73.78 as v5200

Damn that is an improvement.
I was expecting maybe double performance, but it really did increase 10 x

Scali

Banned
Dec 3, 2004
Originally posted by: thilan29
Do you really need to say all that to make your point? Modelworks never resorted to personal attacks. It just makes YOU look bad.

Yes I do actually.
Modelworks has been on my case since the beginning, and his posting style is a nasty combination of bluffing, spreading misinformation, arrogance and being disrespectful (and yes, he has most definitely resorted to personal attacks many a time. As far as I'm concerned, he had it coming).

Just take this particular episode. He's basically trying to tell me that it's not possible to write a 3dsmax viewport rendering plugin, even though I have written such plugins in the past, and there are various examples of such plugins which can easily be found with some googling.
He's also pretty much LITERALLY said that if he doesn't know about something, it cannot exist. Well, you can't get more arrogant than that. Apparently he thinks he knows everything. You can't make a point with a guy like that anyway. He simply doesn't listen to anything.

I think the guy needs to be taught a lesson or two.
Let him come to the Autodesk 3dsmax SDK forum and argue his point about 3dsmax plugins there. It will be a much better argument than on a forum like this.
When I say he doesn't know what he's talking about, it's not a personal attack, it is a fact, deduced from the statements he's made in this very thread. This is actually an acceptable defence in a court of law.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Scali

Now that I have proven that it is, you change your line of argument that it is a waste of time.

There are no game engines running inside of max, never have been and are likely to never be any. If you want to call a renderer a game engine that is you.

Obviously V-Ray RT illustrates the point that 3dsmax allows custom plugins to take over the viewport rendering.
Going from that to a plugin based on an actual game engine is a pretty logical step to people who have somewhat of a clue.

A renderer is not a game engine.

Scali

Banned
Dec 3, 2004
There are no game engines running inside of max, never have been and are likely to never be any. If you want to call a renderer a game engine that is you.

So you want to change your line of argument yet again.
You never learn, do you?

By the way, here's oFusion, 3dsmax plugin for the OGRE game engine:
http://www.ofusiontechnologies.com/

Apparently you don't learn either from your last vacation. Take another week off to cool your jets and learn to have discussion without personal attacks.

esquared
Anandtech senior Moderator

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Scali

So you want to change your line of argument yet again.
You never learn, do you?

I have tried to be civil with you , you seem incapable of that. Reply if you want I really don't care. I'm done discussing the matter with you.