NVIDIA Pascal: in maximum power state, can memory frequency offset be set lower than -1000 MHz?

Bouowmx

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2016
-1000 MHz relative to half of effective frequency: for example, from the GeForce GTX 1060 and 1070, from 4000 to 3000 MHz.

On Windows, I've used NVIDIA Inspector (best in that it can set the lowest memory frequency), MSI Afterburner, and EVGA Precision XOC (previous two can only go to -500 MHz). Is there something else I can try? I want to be able to set memory frequency to idle (405 MHz) to save power for the core overclock, because the application I currently run has almost zero need of memory bandwidth.

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
I want to know this too. My friend's laptop 1070 with a -1000 mhz underclock in memory and -500 mhz in core clock with Nvidia Inspector is still really fast in games. The temps remain absurdly low at idle fan speeds because of this.

On my 650M I can use Nvidia Inspector for .bat commands to clock the GPU at whatever clockspeed I want. I can't figure out how to do that on Pascal.

Only idea for you is to create a .bat command to force your GPU into the idle pstate. (And another one to reset it back to default)

Edit: lowering the memory clock too much while in performance pstate might cause crash, but I bet it is far lower than we think.

Last edited: