nVIDIA GeForce Drivers v358.50

Berryracer

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2006
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

This new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience in the Star Wars: Battlefront Open Beta. This driver also brings support for the latest OpenGL ARB extensions as well as OpenGL ES 3.2. In addition, this Game Ready driver also includes updated features and functionality for the GameWorks VR software development kit (SDK).

Game Ready
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience here: Star Wars: Battlefront Open Beta

Gaming Technology
Supports OpenGL 2015 ARB extensions and OpenGL ES 3.2

GameWorks VR Support
Updated driver support for GameWorks VR SDK, adding VR SLI enhancements, and bug fixes. Learn more atdeveloper.nvidia.com/vr.

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
I've been closely following DX12 performance, specifically Ashes of the Singularity, and I noticed a ~8-10% increase in performance in the DX12 version at 4k on my 980ti

Average scores for me were 39.5-40.5 at 4k High, no AA.

After the new driver, I'm getting 43.5-44.0 at the same settings.

Not surprising, I've been waiting for Nvidia to drop a driver that improved performance. The controversy surrounding it was pretty notable.

Anyone else able to corroborate these performance gains?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2015
I've been closely following DX12 performance, specifically Ashes of the Singularity, and I noticed a ~8-10% increase in performance in the DX12 version at 4k on my 980ti

Not surprising, I've been waiting for Nvidia to drop a driver that improved performance. The controversy surrounding it was pretty notable.

That's really interesting, if it's true then they should have put something in the driver notes... Good publicity. I imagine Kollock will make a post about it sometime soon, but for now it just seems like a coincidence. There aren't enough people playing AotS for you to get a proper response.

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
That's really interesting, if it's true then they should have put something in the driver notes... Good publicity. I imagine Kollock will make a post about it sometime soon, but for now it just seems like a coincidence. There aren't enough people playing AotS for you to get a proper response.

It would be an odd coincedence.

I tested at 4k high 4xAA and also saw a similar (~8-10%) performance increase from 33.0-33.5 to 36.0-36.5.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
I'd test it out but I don't have AotS at all.

In other news, this driver release doesn't crash on unpacking with Kaspersky.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com

I get slow motion when I try 4k LOL its just not for me.. things are frame by frame,, but this is with my card. If I get a 980 or beyond can I play at 60fps throughout ? Mine is 1fps lol.... I wanna know if the 980 can handle 4k and dish out 60fps ,stuck on 60fps ? I plan not to you AA, and AF I will use,, vsyncon 1ms I will use.. thanks to the gurus ..

xorbe

Sep 7, 2011
In other news, this driver release doesn't crash on unpacking with Kaspersky.

Actually, I suppose it is possible that Kaspersky changes something somehow when active (memory layout, uninit memory) that sensitized a bug in the nVidia installer.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
It installed without incident for me unlike the other one so they must have fixed kaspersky.