nVidia drivers 260.61 beta download here. All OSes

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
yet but these drivers are good and all games run fast now. aero is performing fast and smooth too.

:D

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003
Tweakboy , there will be drivers released today on Nvidia's wes site. I'd wait on them,they should resolve some of the sli issues and BC2 stuttering.
This is what I've heard around the web. :)

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Tweakboy , there will be drivers released today on Nvidia's wes site. I'd wait on them,they should resolve some of the sli issues and BC2 stuttering.
This is what I've heard around the web. :)
I think the ones coming today are just the 260.52 drivers that some already had problems with.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Ok to report back to peeps.

The installation is silent, u dont see any screen except to install driver the red thingie popup from ms. You say install drivers and wait a bit and their installed. You can then reboot and your all set.

The 260.52 showed you the progress and had install screen but this 260.61 is silent but it does install 3D glass and phsyx and the driver and works wonderfully in Aero. Also games run very fast as before no problems yet. The only way nVidia can prove itself is if they release a driver higher version then this release. They did say beta drivers would come out this week so I dont know.

It advertises as Tesla drivers but it is indeed geforce forceware that works with all nVidia cards... thx, gg and gl,

happy medium

Lifer
Jun 8, 2003

The installation is silent, u dont see any screen except to install driver the red thingie popup from ms. You say install drivers and wait a bit and their installed. You can then reboot and your all set.

The 260.52 showed you the progress and had install screen but this 260.61 is silent but it does install 3D glass and phsyx and the driver and works wonderfully in Aero. Also games run very fast as before no problems yet. The only way nVidia can prove itself is if they release a driver higher version then this release. They did say beta drivers would come out this week so I dont know.

It advertises as Tesla drivers but it is indeed geforce forceware that works with all nVidia cards... thx, gg and gl,

Thanks tweakboy. nice info.

Campy

Jun 25, 2010
I'm gonna try this. Thanks for info

edit: didn't fix my crashing problem.

Last edited:

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
thanks happy medium and campy .. When you go to nVidia site and select Telsa this driver pops up. it says todays date... but for geforce last thing it shows as of now is 258.96 . gg and gl

TheUnk

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2005

Can you please run some benchmarks for Aero old driver vs. new? k thx, gl.

Apr 20, 2008

Where's my LINUX DRIVER!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!

Side note, I could not, for the life of me, get my 5500 PCI 256mb (128-bit to boot) to work in Fedora 13.

dorky82

Apr 29, 2003
Fixed my flickering in SC2. But still downclocks to 405 in middle of game(fps to half too).

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
We already have a thread about the 260 drivers.

Super Moderator BFG10K.

Status
Not open for further replies.