Nvidia 3D Glasses

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
yeah. i got one of those kits free too. gosh darn is that thing BRIGHT!
Well, now i am planning ahead to get a couple more of these displays for further evaluation; i didn't realize you are locked into the same brand and model number for 3D Vision Surround.

TriSLI should be enough to power 3D Vision Surround at 5760x1080

. . . with those two and the 1920x1080 displays i already have, i'd be set good for 5x1 Eyefinity also and Tri-Fire should be plenty
:eek:

Last edited:

nanaki333

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2002
i was just about to ask that in my previous post but backspaced it. i'm hoping the GTX 590 sli will prove to scale quite nicely. if that's the case, goodbye 6970 xfire!

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
The truth is I do now have 3d working for both blu-ray AND games with my amd setup, it was a bit of a kluge & it was harder than it needed to be. I spent about 2 hours all told getting it working. I have supported amd for years by the way.

By the way the need to try and place doubt on my pc skills was unnecessary. I can take care of myself around computers and have been involved with them for more than 20 years.

haha, that's very funny. so oilfieldtrash, you love your nvidia 3d. mosox, you think that amd 3d is the only way to go. From reading this thread it appears that nvidia is the easiest solution but costs more money, while amd has come out with a low cost solution that currently has some glitches that can be worked through. If 3d continues to evolve it will benefit everybody imho, no matter which team they support.

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
Actually, i didn't even choose it; i just requested a 3D Vision kit and 1920x1080 120Hz display. It was sent to me as a review sample by Nvidia/ASUS. Thanks for the price tips. Prices are coming down, it seems.

So far, i like it. The 3D glasses fit nicely over my prescription glasses.
:thumbsup:

Just so there is no confusion, I really really hate you right now. ;) Next time please ask for 2 sets of 3dvision hardware and I can help you "evaluate" it.

There is a list of compatible hardware on nvidia's site. I can tell you your tv isn't supported though. It's only supported by 120hz pc monitors and DLP TV's. Unfortunately your tv is not capable of using a true 120hz signal. Hdmi does not have the bandwidth to output 1080p at 120hz. Claiming TV's as having 240hz or 600hz is just marketing BS because they can't even do true 120hz at 1080p.
Nice tv btw. That would be my tv of choice if I had the spare cash.

Panasonic has really stepped up in the past few years. When my wife and I needed to get a new ~ 60" tv last year I figured we'd get a sony b/c of their reputation but after researching everything the wife and I settled on a Panasonic TC-P58S2 58-Inch TV . Unbelievable upgrade from our old 61" 720p dlp tv, though no 3d capabilities.

Last edited:

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
When are the 27" 3d monitors going to get here? I'm ready to buy now as long as they're under $800...

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Just so there is no confusion, I really really hate you right now. ;) Next time please ask for 2 sets of 3dvision hardware and I can help you "evaluate" it.
You broke my heart
:'(

And now you can hate me even more. Nvidia just told me that they didn't like my mismatched displays .. so they are sending me two more matching 120Hz 1920x1080 ASUS LCDs.

3D Vision Surround is otw; 5790x1080 in full 3D
:cool:

However, now i might need to ask for another GTX 590; it'll be rough on a single one
:biggrin:

badb0y

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2010
you broke my heart
:'(

and now you can hate me even more. Nvidia just told me that they didn't like my mismatched displays .. So they are sending me two more matching 120hz 1920x1080 asus lcds.

3d vision surround is otw; 5790x1080 in full 3d
:cool:

However, now i might need to ask for another gtx 590; it'll be rough on a single one
:biggrin:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu