• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

nVidia 3080 reviews thread

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Headfoot

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2008
Reviews also seem to indicate my 5820k is finally going to be bottlenecking for 144hz refresh rate at 1440p, and I'm sure a number of folks are in this boat too. So upgrading to this prior to also getting Ryzen 3 doesn't make sense anyways

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
Review of the EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra - https://www.techpowerup.com/review/evga-geforce-rtx-3080-ftw3-ultra/

Got lucky to snag an EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra today and based on the review, I don't know if it's worth waiting for a FTW3 Ultra.
If you are interested, when my FTW3 Ultra arrives, I will be interested in a straight up trade for the XC3 or TUF model. It will be an unopened card straight from EVGA as part of the step up program. My HTPC case is not large enough to accomadate the FTW3 which is why I'm hoping to do a trade.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
If you are interested, when my FTW3 Ultra arrives, I will be interested in a straight up trade for the XC3 or TUF model. It will be an unopened card straight from EVGA as part of the step up program. My HTPC case is not large enough to accomadate the FTW3 which is why I'm hoping to do a trade.
Thanks for offer. Interesting. I was one of the first to sign-up for the auto-notification for the FTW3 Ultra at EVGA, so I know I'll be getting one in the future. Will probably flip it and pocket the cash for now.

undertaker101

Apr 9, 2006
It's all a fever dream to me until there's any that I can actually buy and put into my machine...
Yep they should stop sending samples to reviewers and YT jerks and send them to the channel for end customers or put a new moratorium on fresh reviews till the product is truly in General Availability status. I don't AT should do a review till these are available in BB/NE/AMZN any day of the week.

Last edited:

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
i would be happy to own a 3080, but there are only 2 models listed in my country (gigabyte and inno3d, probably back-orders) and they cost roughly 1100$ inc tax :tired:

• Wow
Reactions: Elfear

ASK THE COMMUNITY