Nunes. The Cow.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Now Pompeo is kneedeep in shit too.

Not that it will matter of course, cause you are living in a country where rule of law dont matter no more.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I mean this is basically the course the party has taken but that doesn't mean it should be shrugged at by the rest of us.

Kind of amazing how the GOP hatred of Obama has basically lead to their complete self destruction of all claimed principle. Either the forces they unleashed were too tempting to weaponize or their own ideals weren't really that strong in the first place. Probably both.

It's the family values of fucking the babysitter.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Now Pompeo is kneedeep in shit too.

Not that it will matter of course, cause you are living in a country where rule of law dont matter no more.

After the rule of law fails, it will not be long until people stop talking about it. Difficult to hear each other over the sound of armed conflict.

As a society, it is only our volunteering to obey the rule of law, and to enforce the rule of law, that keeps widespread violence at bay.

Reactions: Meghan54

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
After the rule of law fails, it will not be long until people stop talking about it. Difficult to hear each other over the sound of armed conflict.

As a society, it is only our volunteering to obey the rule of law, and to enforce the rule of law, that keeps widespread violence at bay.
You hope that is whats gonna happen. I am certain its not. Silent transition to autocracy.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
You hope that is whats gonna happen. I am certain its not. Silent transition to autocracy.

I do not hope for any of this, though I do fear its inevitability.

Autocracy sounds like a stretch. As lawlessness increases, violence will eventually disrupt the supply chain. And that chain alone is responsible for keeping the vast majority of us alive. The ruinous effect of such widespread death and destruction means, I think, no one person could ever "rule" the post apocalyptic remains of the United States.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

57k spent on traveling to get dirt on Biden results in "abuse of office" ethics charge.

Looks like Devin is in real trouble as he can be banned from any committees for the remainder of his term. No bringing home the bacon for his district and much less power overall including protecting Trump. Nancy says "gone" and he's gone.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

57k spent on traveling to get dirt on Biden results in "abuse of office" ethics charge.

Looks like Devin is in real trouble as he can be banned from any committees for the remainder of his term. No bringing home the bacon for his district and much less power overall including protecting Trump. Nancy says "gone" and he's gone.

Sure looks like he's in trouble. Nunes was seemingly operating on the assumption that the House leadership would never find a plausible justification for kicking him off committees, letting him serve as cover for Trump even in 'hostile' hearings... whoops. If he's just another House rep, he won't have much sway outside of the occasional press conference.

Reactions: Brainonska511

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Sure looks like he's in trouble. Nunes was seemingly operating on the assumption that the House leadership would never find a plausible justification for kicking him off committees, letting him serve as cover for Trump even in 'hostile' hearings... whoops. If he's just another House rep, he won't have much sway outside of the occasional press conference.

Looks like Parnas has video and audio of Rudy being Rudy

As this is all tied together it MAY be that Nunes is directly implicated in a damning way. If true then it's possible that he might be removed. That's too much to expect, but if it happens then I'll be thrilled.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Nunes is dancing around like his pants are on fire-

It's not hard to understand why they all love Vienna. Dmytro Firtash, the King of Ukrainian corruption, lives there.

Yeah, it's pretty much been spy central for quite a while.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-vienna-is-the-spy-capital-of-the-world

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I think we’re about 24 hours away from Hannity claiming that Parnas and Fruman were Obama Clinton Ukrainian Deep State spies all along, and that their sole aim over the past several years was to ensnare Trump and fellow Republicans in a criminal scheme and turn state’s evidence.

• Haha

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think we’re about 24 hours away from Hannity claiming that Parnas and Fruman were Obama Clinton Ukrainian Deep State spies all along, and that their sole aim over the past several years was to ensnare Trump and fellow Republicans in a criminal scheme and turn state’s evidence.
I'd say from now about 20.5 hrs

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Now it emerges that another trip was planned this year but cancelled as to not tip Schiff off.
Nunes is a Russian asset. No two ways around it!!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I think stupid is the more likely answer.

To paraphrase Hanlon's razor: never attribute to conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity... and virtually the entire Trump circle is defined by stupidity.

Nunes isn't so much acting in cahoots with Russia as being played by it thanks to his obsessions with greed and power. He's convinced that making himself a Trump slave is the ticket to staying in office for longer, and that means talking to pro-Russia contacts who want to keep Trump in office and further weaken the US.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Here's another idiot...

Senator John Kennedy (R-LA) was being interviewed by Chris Wallace on Fox News.

Wallace: "Senator Kennedy, who do you believe was responsible for hacking the DNC and Clinton campaign computers - their emails? Was it Russia or Ukraine?"

Kennedy: "I don't know. Nor do you. Nor do any of us."

Wallace: "Let me just interrupt to say that the entire intelligence community says it was Russia."

Kennedy: "Right, but it could also be Ukraine. I'm not saying that I know one way or the other."

Hey, according to some folks, it could be some 400-pound guy in his mother's basement. But really: "Horse, here's some water. What you do with it is entirely up to you."

Here you have a top Republican seemingly proud of his ignorance. Sure, you can - with enough effort - put facts into his head. But you will never be able to force him to learn anything from those facts.

Feb 4, 2009
I think stupid is the more likely answer.
Here's another idiot...

Wallace: "Senator Kennedy, who do you believe was responsible for hacking the DNC and Clinton campaign computers - their emails? Was it Russia or Ukraine?"

Wallace: "Let me just interrupt to say that the entire intelligence community says it was Russia."

Kennedy: "Right, but it could also be Ukraine. I'm not saying that I know one way or the other."

Hey, according to some folks, it could be some 400-pound guy in his mother's basement. But really: "Horse, here's some water. What you do with it is entirely up to you."

Here you have a top Republican seemingly proud of his ignorance. Sure, you can - with enough effort - put facts into his head. But you will never be able to force him to learn anything from those facts.

I prefer the old school “retarded agent”
Them being so easy to fool and manipulate.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
CNBC: Giuliani associate Parnas wants to testify that Nunes aides hid Ukraine meetings on Biden dirt from Schiff

Key points:

Lev Parnas, a business associate of Rudy Giuliani, wants to testify to Congress that aides to Rep. Devin Nunes called off a trip to Ukraine this year when they realized they would be required to notify Democratic committee Chairman Adam Schiff.

The purpose of the trip was to interview two Ukrainian prosecutors who claim to have evidence that could help President Trump’s reelection campaign, according to Parnas’ lawyer.

Parnas also alleges that Nunes, a leading Trump ally, himself traveled to Vienna last year to interview a potential source of political dirt on Joe Biden.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Here's another idiot...

Yup.. the rest of the GOP is about to check into the same acid Trip aka Russian Disinformation alternate timeline of DNC servers and crowdstrike and Russia didnt do it, Ukraine did it.

Feb 4, 2009
Yup.. the rest of the GOP is about to check into the same acid Trip aka Russian Disinformation alternate timeline of DNC servers and crowdstrike and Russia didnt do it, Ukraine did it.

Depends is he predictably lying, as in I know I can get Kennedy to lie so I’ll do this to make it happen.
If so he is a retarded agent. He is being manipulated without knowing or caring that he is being manipulated.