Number of registered members

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
They purged a lot of accounts when they did the most recent upgrade.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Do a search on this topic - addressed right after the upgrade.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper
Yeah, sure, if I could only figure out what to freaking search for. The task might be a bit easier if the search function would find your search terms even when they aren't in a phrase exactly as you typed them. :roll:

BTW, this question has been bugging me for some time, but I've just been too lazy (or afraid to embarrass myself) to ask. ;)

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
All accounts with zero (0, less than 1, null) posts were deleted. All others were left in the database.

Nobody was "blacklisted".

Jason Clark

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, sure, if I could only figure out what to freaking search for. The task might be a bit easier if the search function would find your search terms even when they aren't in a phrase exactly as you typed them. :roll:

BTW, this question has been bugging me for some time, but I've just been too lazy (or afraid to embarrass myself) to ask. ;)

Hmm, why not try
word* (returns partial matches on words)
or
word and not word (returns matches with the first word and not hte last word)
or
word or word ( returns matches if the first word or second word is found )
or
word and word and not word ( returns the matches for first word and second word but not third word)

Use the operators properly and you can find pretty much anything. You can use as many operators as you like.

As for the member count, inactive members are not included in the count, those that registered but never visited the forums.

FungusFeet

Aug 11, 2003
Originally posted by: JasonClark
As for the member count, inactive members are not included in the count, those that registered but never visited the forums.
So are they deleted or just not counted?:confused:

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: ProviaFan
Originally posted by: EagleKeeper

Searched for "members" in archived threads in Forum issues:
Memberships seem down

Sometimes you have to get creative, but usually just searching for the simplest terms you need will get the job done. In this case, members, registered or membership brings up that thread. I admit to being inept at the Boolean thing and must try harder.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: allisolm
Sometimes you have to get creative, but usually just searching for the simplest terms you need will get the job done. In this case, members, registered or membership brings up that thread. I admit to being inept at the Boolean thing and must try harder.
I tried over 20 different search terms and phrases, but evidently didn't think to try "members" alone. :eek:

That's good to know about the boolean operators that can be used for searching. I'll remember that for future use. ;)

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
One has to wonder why Jason always has his post marked as the answer. It didn't even have anything to do with the topic of the thread. :p

Kyteland

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2002
Originally posted by: aves2k
One has to wonder why Jason always has his post marked as the answer. It didn't even have anything to do with the topic of the thread. :p
I miss the "This is not the answer" feature from the beta forums that allowed the OP to unmark answers.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Kyteland
Originally posted by: aves2k
I miss the "This is not the answer" feature from the beta forums that allowed the OP to unmark answers.

Indeed. I remember one time someone called the OP a "little baby" and he/she mistakenly marked it as the answer. It was pretty funny for us, but the OP was quite upset. :)