Nuclear Reactor simulators on Steam

Jul 27, 2020
Experience the thrill of running your own nuclear reactor!

Here's your chance to avert a nuclear disaster!: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1876560/Save_the_Reactor/

The ones below are serious simulators:

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Interesting. I wonder if I would have to understand nuclear physics or chemistry to be able to play these games. My education in those fields is extremely limited and only concerns watching some youtube videos and reading Wikipedia articles.

Jul 27, 2020
Interesting. I wonder if I would have to understand nuclear physics or chemistry to be able to play these games.
The gamey simulators shouldn't be too hard. The serious ones outside of Steam would likely have a steeper learning curve.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Interesting. I wonder if I would have to understand nuclear physics or chemistry to be able to play these games. My education in those fields is extremely limited and only concerns watching some youtube videos and reading Wikipedia articles.
My guess would be you need to know a lot less about the physics and "chemistry" and much more about mechanical engineering, plumbing, and high pressure systems. In the end, almost all current nuclear plant designs are based around heating water to create steam, to turn a turbine, to turn a generator, to create electricity. Most of the issues will be mechanical issues related to valves and various pipes/plumbing (even in the "serious ones").

Reactions: Fenixgoon