NUC powering on 2 seconds after powering off with my Harmony 650 remote

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
Here's an update to my issue. I set the NUC device to not power on or off in the Harmony software and just assigned a Power Toggle button to the Watch Intel NUC activity on the remote. After watching a few minutes of a movie, pressing stop, then wait 2 seconds, then press Power Toggle on the remote, the NUC turns off but 2 seconds after turning off it turns back on and loads up LibreELEC once again. I'm not sure if I will have this same issue running a completely different app on my NUC. Also once in a while there will be no audio when playing a video, requiring me to exit the video and reenter the video. I remember having this same no audio issue before with a 4th generation i3 NUC I tried out 2 years ago but with OpenELEC. I had the audio device alive setting set to always but now I set it to off to see if that fixes that occasional no audio issue when playing a video.

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
I noticed that if I just use my Harmony remote as a dedicated NUC remote (not running an activity) and just press Power Toggle I don't get that power on issue 2 seconds after power off in OpenELEC but I will then have to use multiple remotes since I'm not running an activity through my Harmony remote this way. Also shutting down OpenELEC on my NUC via the Shutdown Menu does not give me this issue, at least not yet. I can live with not running the NUC as an activity on my Harmony remote and just dedicating the Harmony remote as a NUC remote, though I would prefer it if it would just power off flawlessly using the activity method All Off feature on my remote.

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
I'm returning this NUC tomorrow. It also had the power issue shutting down from OpenELEC 8.0 development build when powering it down in device mode in my Harmony remote. I also had the same artifacting issue playing VC1 encoded mkv files in OpenELEC 7 beta 3 as the Pentium N3700 NUC I returned a few days ago. I tried the OpenELEC 8.0 development build and still the same artifacting in a VC1 mkv file I tested out. I have not tried Kodi with Windows 10 on this NUC to see if these problems still happen in Windows 10 or not but I don't feel like buying a Windows 10 Home product key if I'm not sure it will work properly in Windows 10. I wanted to watch my blu-ray mkv files without transcoding but I might just buy a blu-ray player and watch my blu-rays directly from the disc instead since I don't want transcoding and I want things just to work properly.

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
Well today I returned my NUC, along with the memory and ssd. I returned it because of the "powering on" issue 2 seconds after I power off using my remote in OpenELEC that happened frequently and the artifacting issue with VC1-VAAPI hardware acceleration in OpenELEC and LibreELEC.

Dave3000

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2011
Last week I repurchased the same model NUC. I tested OpenPHT (Linux based EGL version) and have the same issue with the NUC restarting 2 seconds after power down if I power down with my remote. It only seems to be happening after playing a video even when back to the home menu but if I was not playing a video during an OpenELEC session this issue does not occur. The videos are playing through my local area network. This issue does not happen when running Kodi or OpenPHT in Windows 10 (I did a registry hack in Windows 10 to be able to power down my NUC with a button press from my remote while in Windows). Is there something I need to edit in OpenELEC so that it shuts down without powering back up when using my remote or is this a BIOS issue with my NUC?