NSA and social media

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
cX77fHG.gif

You act like the Repubs are any different. Same wolf, different sheep costume.

I guess you didn't read the second paragraph in the article.

"The spy agency began allowing the analysis of phone call and e-mail logs in November 2010 to examine Americans’ networks of associations for foreign intelligence purposes after N.S.A. officials lifted restrictions on the practice, according to documents provided by Edward J. Snowden, the former N.S.A. contractor."

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I guess you didn't read the second paragraph in the article.

"The spy agency began allowing the analysis of phone call and e-mail logs in November 2010 to examine Americans’ networks of associations for foreign intelligence purposes after N.S.A. officials lifted restrictions on the practice, according to documents provided by Edward J. Snowden, the former N.S.A. contractor."

How does this change what I said.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
The main problem I have with this is the scope. Yes, the information is more or less public, but the fact that the government is building (has built) extensive toolsets to track every one of us is very disturbing, to the point of making me think that they (corporatist/statist interests) are really planning to use these to control their grip on power rather than catch terrorists. They didn't catch the Boston Marathon bombers.