NS: Motor City Online

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
Are there any games where you can pick from lots of real car parts to build your hot rod like in Motor City Online? I beta tested the games years ago, but just could not see doing a monthly fee for it. I was wondering if any one new of something like it out now. It was so much fun picking out different cams, pistons, body parts to build your car.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
There are the "Street Legal" games that are what you're describing. They're budget titles and pretty buggy, but surprisingly deep when it comes to building engines. You can buy and swap out just about every part down to the pistons, crankshaft, and mods are available that let you do engine swaps.

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
Sounds good. Most of the screenshots I found show imports. Are there any older cars / American V8 muscle cars in it?

P.S. You are talking about Street Legal Racing Redline correct.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
There were a couple before it, but Redline is the latest one. I think it has a couple of more modern V8 cars, and at least one truck, but no older muscle-style cars, unfortunately.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
EA should remake that game, just nix the subscription idea. I too Beta tested it and loved the game. Just didn't want a monthly fee.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Yeah I was in the MCO beta and it was pretty damn fun. Myself and a lot of others have been waiting for a game like it since.

I know it doesn't help you now, but MotorWorldOnline is an upcoming game just like it. It's being done by a small indie group and has a ways to go still, but the beta will be out sometime this year I think.

CU

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2000
MotorWorldOnline looks good, but does seem far off. I liked the fact in MCO all the parts game from reel manufacturers. I would go to their websites and look at the parts and read car forums just do see how they performed. I hope MoterWorldOnline does that.