NRA slams the President over Hypocrisy

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
I think it is hypocritical that the president and many other lawmakers send their children to private schools with walls and armed guards, yet do not take the security of public schools nearly as seriously.

I see no reason why public schools shouldn't have walls and armed guards. While they are at it how about building them proper extensions as well instead of that manufactured portable room crap.

The hypocrisy that comes from him is stunning, He only cares about his kids, screw everyone else!

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
sorry, the president's children are more important.

why? Any threat to them is a risk to national security. period.

The NRA are a bunch of fucking clowns for even suggesting such an asinine comparison. I meant to look for the expected yahoos this morning posting this, and see what kind of brainless support they give to this outright fallacy, and of course...I am not surprised (not you, irishScott)

Of course the President's kids are more important to national security, never disputed that.

I'm just saying if we can afford fucking Obamacare then we can afford putting armed guards at schools; and frankly having had an armed police officer at my high school for all 4 years with no issues, I don't see the problem.

And those saying it won't do any good? Well it has greater potential than any retarded ban. Not that it addresses the real issue, but if you look at the two primary proposals the NRA's is a notch less stupid.

Apr 27, 2012

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009

themusgrat

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2005
Haven't you seen the math on putting an armed guard in every school? I'm unaware of Obama saying armed guards are counterproductive. What I do know is that the idea is totally economically and practically infeasible.

Do you really know the math on it? How much to put cops in schools that don't already have them? Because alot do already have them, and have for decades.

themusgrat

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2005
Crazy ramblings with no evidence. You know that right wing tactic is beginning to fail with mainstream sane people.

How exactly are these ramblings with no evidence? Obama is trying to ban all AR-15s, anything else he deems to be an assault rifle, and high capacity magazines. Is that not gun control? Countless people said he wasn't taking away guns, and they were right till now. Now, I cannot go and buy an AR-15.

Please though, I'd love to see what you're calling crazy ramblings.

themusgrat

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2005
Poor analogy.
Shouldn't we worry about addressing that waste before blithely piling more on?

I would talk to Obama about that, not someone who wants to spend .1% of the federal budget on making sure children aren't mowed down in classrooms.

themusgrat

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2005
Without wading too far in, I don't know that it's a fair comparison to make. If President Obama was just some random rich dude who opposed armed guards in public schools while benefiting from tax payer funded protection for his family, that'd be one thing.

It's more that he pays for his daughters to go to a school with armed guards. They do have additional SS protection, but that's just a function of his office. Regardless of his office, his daughters go to a school with armed guards.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It's more that he pays for his daughters to go to a school with armed guards. They do have additional SS protection, but that's just a function of his office. Regardless of his office, his daughters go to a school with armed guards.

Yet again, Obama's kids do not go to a school with armed guards. The school has security, but it is unarmed. It's a Quaker school, after all.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
Why don't you bother reading the link I replied to or the link I sent? Neither are referring to the secret service, both his post and the NRA ad make the false claim that the school itself has armed guards, which it does not.

Well I do apologize for being a bit harsh but the school not having armed guards really doesn't matter. They still have a full detail of armed secret service at there beckoned call.

Apr 27, 2012
Yet again, Obama's kids do not go to a school with armed guards. The school has security, but it is unarmed. It's a Quaker school, after all.

So obamas kids are going to a school along with other "special" kids and there are no armed guards? Thats a good one:D

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Well I do apologize for being a bit harsh but the school not having armed guards really doesn't matter. They still have a full detail of armed secret service at there beckoned call.

Sure, but the NRA wasn't attacking him for having secret service protection for his kids. It was saying that his school had armed guards. The ad was just a lie. I think it is an important difference because people don't expect secret service protection for their kids but they might see an issue with the school guards.

I'm sure there are a lot of legitimate ways to attack Obama on gun rights, this doesn't seem like one though.

Apr 27, 2012
Take the racist shit back to stormfront, and stay there. No surprise that you are a ignorant racist, as every single one of your posts has been incredibly ignorant.

So obama has armed guards/SS for his daughters, He completely destroys the US economy, He introduces more racial politics all at the same time limiting freedom even more and people dont have the right to criticize him and call him names?

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
No, the same protection given the president and his family cannot be given to everyone.

The NRA continues to be its own worst enemy.

Missing the point. No one disputes his right or family's right to elevated protection due to being the first family.

The school they send their kids to is private. It has 11 armed and unarmed security staff regardless of whether or not the President's daughters attend there or not. Many of the D.C. elite send their kids there including David Gregory - A journalist who expresses anti-gun views. Hypocrites? YES INDEED. You can bet your ass that their children go there not just for the excellent teaching and learning environment, but that they view that security as a plus.

The commercial is not about his daughter's secret service detail.

Apr 27, 2012
Missing the point. No one disputes his right or family's right to elevated protection due to being the first family.

The school they send their kids to is private. It has 11 armed and unarmed security staff regardless of whether or not the President's daughters attend there or not. Many of the D.C. elite send their kids there including David Gregory - A journalist who expresses anti-gun views. Hypocrites? YES INDEED. You can bet your ass that their children go there not just for the excellent teaching and learning environment, but that they view that security as a plus.

So obama and those other gun control advocates are hypocrites. Its nice to see that obama cares more about his kids than the other innocent children

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Repeat:repeat: THE GUARDS THERE ARE NOT ARMED.

The commercial was about the guards at the school. Guards that are not armed. It was a lie.

How is an anti gun person sending his kid to a school without guns a problem?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So obama and those other gun control advocates are hypocrites. Its nice to see that obama cares more about his kids than the other innocent children

you obviously don't have children, or you aren't human,.

everyone cares more about their own kids than anyone else's kids.

stop playing ultra retard.

Apr 27, 2012
you obviously don't have children, or you aren't human,.

everyone cares more about their own kids than anyone else's kids.

stop playing ultra retard.

I dont have kids, The problem that I have with obama is he is against armed guards to protect schools but he himself sends his children to a school with guards/SS, See the hypocrisy?