Now THIS is lonliness....

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Man oh man...

It's Friday night.
Heather went out of town for the weekend.
I am at work.
ALONE. See, I administer a computer animation studio/lab with 12 SGI O2 machines and 4 NT machines. My job is to keep things running smoothly, and help everyone working in here with the software (Maya 3.0). Also, I teach some (undergraduate college-level), and write tutorials for the software. The job ROCKS.....when there are people in here working. :( Not a soul tonight. To make it all even sadder, the main server here is down, so I can't even link to any of my stuff (websites I have made, pics I am hosting, etc....) --And I can't post my tutorials because of the server. This SUCKS.

Ricky
DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
True. Nor is the T1 in my office. Still though.....SILENCE in this place, and the knowledge that my apartment will be equally as, if not more silent when I go home.... :( Depressing. I may just sit up and write tutorials all night or something.

Ricky
DesignDawg

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Hey, at least you have US to talk to!!! :)

Wait wait...hey... man, stop crying! That was supposed to cheer you up!!!

:p

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ahh so you're alone there? More the reason to extend the nekkid party to your work! You supply the liquor, I'll supply the strippers ;)

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Man, I would be happy for someone to supply ANY flesh and blood living person in this place. I think people are seldom this alone (note I said "alone", not "lonely".) You can be lonely in a crowd, and quite self-conent by yourself. --But I can't remember a time when I was THIS alone AND lonely at the same time.

Ricky
DesignDawg

Layzie

Feb 2, 2000
DesignDawg, dont look now but theres someone standing behind you.

dont get scared I was only playing. :)

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Layzie,

Hehehe....

Sitting in my office right now, and the back of my chair is propped against a drawing table, so it would have been a physical impossibility. :) Thanks for the warning, though. ;)

Ricky
DesignDawg

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Snow, Same here.

We all need it sometimes. Like I said, one can be quite self-content all alone. SOmetimes, I go out late late at night with my guitar and just sit for hours on the back of my car at some abandoned parking lot or lake or something....

It's when the solitude is involuntary that it sucks.

Ricky
DesignDawg

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000
I can top that Ricky.

Separated a month ago try coming home to an empty house, no kids, no wife, then go to bed in an empty house that new and strange.

Then don't get anymore than 3-4 hours sleep per night and be up in the middle of the night for 2-3 hours at a time.

The only good thing about it is I have one clean fsking house man!

That's been my life it sucks so it could be worse.

Fortunately the kids are here 3 out of 4 weekends.

Have a good one. I'll probably be up between 2 and 4am if you're still there!

Robert01

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2000
Awwwwww pooor baby :)

Just do something that'll keep your mind off things ...

... wait, wait! Not that!

Isn't there a saying that goes "Distance makes the heart grown fonder."? :confused:

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I know, if you're looking for something to do, tell us about which AVI screen capture software you ended up using! :)

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I am sorry can not feel sorry for you...I have been working 60 hrs a week for the last 6 months... Hardly ever get to see my family.

Ausm

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ah, you're a recluse, Red -- knew there was something to explain all that crankiness. :D

j/k

Nutcase99

Golden Member
Dec 22, 1999
Man at least you have a computer to do stuff at! When my dad locks his office (which he does every night heh too bad I had an extra key made but when I didn't have the key) I can't even get on a puter! So I just sit in my room getting bored out of my mind!

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Bryce 4....

No, man. Sorry. I haven't messed with Bryce since I got into Maya. No point really for me, unless at some point I need some ready-made terrain geometry....

Ricky
DesignDawg