Now this is called Long Distance dating...

mordantmonkey

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2004
if someone sent me a text msg while watching a movie i would tell them to stfu.
unless it was one i had already seen. or it was a hot girl.

this seems like such a poor substitute.

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
im guessing each person in the "community screening" will have to have his/her own copy of the movie. Otherwise imagine streaming all that data!?

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: Aharami
im guessing each person in the "community screening" will have to have his/her own copy of the movie. Otherwise imagine streaming all that data!?

sending copys out to people is just asking for people to rip them and put them on the net

this seems like a dumb move, they are almost promoting pirating

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: Aharami

sending copys out to people is just asking for people to rip them and put them on the net

this seems like a dumb move, they are almost promoting pirating

No, I think every person has to have a copy. Only the "control" data is sent ack and forth... i.e. play, stop, fast forward (and the text messages, of course).

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
This is absolutely retarded for a user such as myself.

Some people may get a rise out of it and as long as we don't have to pay extra for discs that contain the feature, I don't give a damn.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
hmm... i think long distance was when she was at McMurdo station in Antartica, and i was in northern Michigan.

this seems like an interesting feature though. could be used for lots of different things.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
"The disc will allow users to send out invites to other owners of the movie to watch it together."

This COULD be a neat idea, if implemented correctly.