Now that its all over, what is one thing you will remember about the 2008 election

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I can't really think of ONE moment that stands out.

Perhaps the Palin speech at the convention. Love her or hate her you have to admit that she is a damn good speaker and can hold a crowds attention. Perhaps second was the Obama speech in Denver with all those people, wow.
Looks like the rnc wants their clothes back.

http://www.latimes.com/news/pr...8nov06,0,5597211.story

Reporting from Phoenix -- Sarah Palin left the national stage Wednesday, but the controversy over her role on the ticket flared as aides to John McCain disclosed new details about her expensive wardrobe purchases and revealed that a Republican Party lawyer would be dispatched to Alaska to inventory and retrieve the clothes still in her possession.

yeah, I'm officially ready to call that crazy.

apparently someone on the McCain staff told Palin to go buy a couple suits, expecting her to maybe spend $15-$20K, and she went on a whirlwind shopping spree -- although it's hard to reconcile that version with the stories that said that Palin wasn't actually involved with the shopping at all. in any event, looks like the RNC wants to do an audit.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: RichardE
I think Obamas race speech was the most memorable, just amazing that was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...2tHaDo&feature=related

I totally agree. Most politicians would have given some version of Nixon's "Checkers" speech. Obama instead gave a thoughtul dissertation on race relations in modern US. I can't think of a speech that affected me more in the last 30 years or more (including Reagan's Berlin Wall speech).

Well worth watching (or watching again) if you missed it the first time.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
My memory will be all the Republican supporters in here finally put in their place.

god damn the us-of-kkk-a where people believe differently than I do.

Feb 16, 2005
Honestly, when Wolf Blitzer called it for Obama around 11pm Eastern time. I got chills, and teared up along with the thousands in Grant Park. We saw history, and I really don't think any of us can fully grasp the depth of the moment, the global ripples sent out. I am proud, and humbled to be a part of it.

Hugh H

Jul 11, 2008
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I can't really think of ONE moment that stands out.

Perhaps the Palin speech at the convention. Love her or hate her you have to admit that she is a damn good speaker and can hold a crowds attention. Perhaps second was the Obama speech in Denver with all those people, wow.

*vomits*