NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 499 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yeap.

Not to mention an incredible performance from Jennifer Jason Leigh too. Not sure what people were expecting from this... I think they went in with much different expectations. I can get not overly enjoying it, but hating it? WTF were you looking for?

Seeing it in the "road show" format made it better too.

Agreed.

KT

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Hateful Eight was a shit, shit film. LOL! :twisted: Just my 2cents.

We already know you hate Tarantino because he opened his mouth about guns and BLM... but you just got finished talking about how you watch Seth MacFarlane stuff every night on Adult Swim.

:rolleyes:

At least Tarantino usually leaves his politics out of the movies/shows, unlike Seth.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Not going to lie, I'm kind of surprised by the number of people that didn't like the Hateful Eight. It was 2 hours of Samuel L Jackson & Walton Goggins being amazing, followed by a 30 minute classic-Tarantino ending.

That's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for.

Yup!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hateful Eight was a shit, shit film. LOL! :twisted: Just my 2cents.

And you wouldn't know a good film if Fellini crawled up your rectum, reached around outside and tickled your willy.

by the way: did you actually see Hateful 8? Or do you just project some rage over this because you attach Tarantino to something outside of his work that you neither like nor understand?

pretty much like Sp33Demon up there.

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I seen all of Hatefull 8 up to and including the dick sucking...speaking of sucking IT SUCKED! Last I checked I'm entitled to an opinion.

Last edited:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
I seen all of Hatefull 8 up to and including the dick sucking...speaking of sucking IT SUCKED! Last I checked I'm entitled to an opinion so blow me.

You do realize that Sam Jackson's character
never said anything to indicate that he wasn't making that part up
, right? That part was supposed to be unsettling. They are all detestable. You are supposed to hate all of the main characters. He really did just want to
kill a person who wasn't causing trouble
at that point. BTW: You missed the best parts.

Last edited:

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
No, I'm just not sure where you are getting at. Basically they are all shot to shit and hang the bitch. Wow.... Fitting end, but not worthy of applause. :twisted:
Even my dad said it sucked. LOL

I guess you either like the movie or you don't... Was waaaay too long to boot.

Edit- you edited your post. :colbert:

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
No, I'm just not sure where you are getting at. Basically they are all shot to shit and hang the bitch. Wow.... Fitting end, but not worthy of applause. :twisted:
Even my dad said it sucked. LOL

I guess you either like the movie or you don't... Was waaaay too long to boot.

Edit- you edited your post. :colbert:

Sam Jackson's character probably never even
went to that state/region, much less, found the General's son or sexually assaulting him before killing him
. The rest of the movie is a who-dunnit plenty of suspenseful twists and turns... certainly not something I would ever simply characterize as everyone just getting shot up and hung.

You missed all the best parts.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Lol at these fools trying to tell people they should like a movie that sucked. You guys defend tarantino like he's your wife or something - he's a mediocre director with an overinflated ego. Get over it, people will have different opinions.

steve wilson

Sep 18, 2004
Lol at these fools trying to tell people they should like a movie that sucked. You guys defend tarantino like he's your wife or something - he's a mediocre director with an overinflated ego. Get over it, people will have different opinions.

I hope you are trolling, because if not the hypocrisy in your post is hilarious.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

Nice hypocrisy there.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I seen all of Hatefull 8 up to and including the dick sucking...speaking of sucking IT SUCKED! Last I checked I'm entitled to an opinion.

And one of the best threads on ATOT has been invaded by mediocrity :p

I didn't care for the The Hateful 8 myself, stated that many pages ago, but the way you guys go about it you do not even belong in this thread.

Just my opinion, of course :)

Last edited:

steve wilson

Sep 18, 2004
And one of the best threads on ATOT has been invaded by mediocrity :p

I didn't care for the The Hateful 8 myself, stated that many pages ago, but the way you guys go about it you do not even belong in this thread.

Just my opinion, of course :)

Well said.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Room (2015) [8/10]: I thought this was similar to that crappy Panic Room movie with Jodie Foster. I was pleasantly surprised. Don't even watch the trailer- this is one of those movies that reading ANYTHING about it WILL RUIN THE EXPERIENCE. The entire premise of the movie relies on you not knowing anything about it, not even one sentence.

The payoff was spectacular. I enjoyed it thoroughly. You should go watch it too!!!

Contact (1997) [10/10]: I saw this movie many times over the years. I just wanted to express how much I love it. There aren't many intelligent science movies like this in today's Hollywood's profit driven landscape.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Django Unchained was waaaay better. IMO.

Just chiming in here.

The best Tarantino flick is Inglorious Basterds. That gripping opening scene alone is amazing. It makes me realize talented some folks are at what they're doing. A pure raw performance by Christoph Waltz backed by brilliant writing. He stole the show.

I saw Kill Bill I & II again recently. You can say I is just a gorefest, but II shows off a solid writing of substance... "BANG BANG MOMMY".

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Just chiming in here.

The best Tarantino flick is Inglorious Basterds. That gripping opening scene alone is amazing. It makes me realize talented some folks are at what they're doing. A pure raw performance by Christoph Waltz backed by brilliant writing. He stole the show.

I saw Kill Bill I & II again recently. You can say I is just a gorefest, but II shows off a solid writing of substance... "BANG BANG MOMMY".

Basterds is his masterpiece. :thumbsup:

KT

Status
Not open for further replies.