November is shaping up to be an expensive month

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
Is it just me or is everything that I want to buy looking to arrive in the month of November? I've been wanting a Penryn and that's planned for November so I hear. Then a couple of games - Crysis and Unreal Tournament 3 among others. And now, there's a video card that I want to play these games, an nVidia 8800GT.

It's shaping up be an expensive month.

Roguestar

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Exactly what I was thinking. Everything new and fun seems to be coming out in the next couple of weeks. And I want to get Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 (now that it's finally out over here) too!

MarcVenice

Moderator Emeritus <br>
Apr 2, 2007
Expensive ? You mean cheap, be glad you can now buy a card that when overclocked will approach 8800gtx speeds for half the money. Thats 250$ saved right there :p Anyone buying Penryn right now just wants to have a big e-penis, coz dropping 999$ on a CPU is retarded, when you can drop 266$ on a q6600 and get to 3.4ghz too.

ricleo2

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2004
Sigh. I have been waiting for the next generation of video cards to come out. G92 is not what I expected. Anyone know when the next high end cards willl be out?

Blain

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What ever happened to the old OC'r attitude of...
Buy a quality part on the cheap and OC it to a more expensive performance level?
Sort of a something for nothing mentality. :laugh:

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
I didn't realize that the Penryn that I wanted to buy, Yorkdale, wasn't going to be released in a price that I'd be willing to pay until January. Yes, I work for Intel but there's not a big chart with our product's release dates posted as you walk in the front door in the morning. :)

Thanks for the heads up, Marc.

So now I just need to buy a video card and several video games that I want... not as bad as I had been thinking. I hope my wife agrees. :)

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
Originally posted by: pm
So now I just need to buy a video card and several video games that I want... not as bad as I had been thinking. I hope my wife agrees. :)

My money says she won't.;)