Novaform Queen Mattress $399 Costco DEAD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Went to my local Costco yesterday. Mattress was still $499. I was ready to buy for $399.

Could of been a temporary sale I guess. I know I have looked at other things in store on sale, yet the product was not even listed on the website sales.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
I don't have the gel NV mattress, but I absolutely love the memory foam mattress from Costco. I will say a friend got the gel one and it was good at first but then didn't last very long, so that's a cautionary statement...

Love the 'Pure Comfort' model we bought about 4 years ago and it has been great. I actually had a TP before and I like the NF better. Different strokes for different folks I guess...

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Love the 'Pure Comfort' model we bought about 4 years ago and it has been great. I actually had a TP before and I like the NF better. Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Do you by chance know it's density?

When I researched the NV "Pure Comfort" I think it was lower and therefore not as firm as we were looking for.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Do you by chance know it's density?

When I researched the NV "Pure Comfort" I think it was lower and therefore not as firm as we were looking for.

IIRC it is about 3.5lbs/ft. It is also pretty cool too, vs. TP from my usage. I like a medium/med-firm bed and this is pretty good. Its not as firm as a TP though...

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
i went to cosco, signed up executive account and bought this mattress.

Never been cosco member before. Bed is great my 8 year old loves it and i have slept on it few nights and i like it alot. you sink in and it feels so nice.

smell ya it has a little smell that my gf seems to notice more than me but only after i mentioned that it "might have smell that needs wear off" before she really noticed.. Said you have to put ur face into it to smell. Also there is some sex factor to think about. if you are lazy this isnt a good sex bed because it doesnt give you the spring help but for sleeping its my new favorite. (hope it lasts but figure it will if you dont jump on the bed or are shamooo)

borderdeal

Aug 4, 2013
I have had this same mattress for almost 3years and it is great. I am 220 lbs and it has not sagged at all. When I got it I was 245 lbs. One complain I have heard is that it is too firm (I love it because it is firm) but not hard. No back pain no sore muscles or anything with this mattress so far. Plus a 20 yr warranty. Since it is from Costco u could try it and it you do not like it u can always return it.

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
Just bought a 10" memory foam online ...waiting to get it now....my pillow top is sagging after 5 years....need something bette

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Does anyone know how firm this is, specifically the density?

Try a search for novafoam or sleep innovations at the matressunderground forum. Novaform mattresses are manufactured by Sleep Innovations. http://www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-forum.html The most informative website I have found on mattresses.

I personally do not like the feel of memory foam, but for $400. if you don't like it Costco has a very liberal return policy. I recently purchased a pure LatexBliss all latex mattress. http://www.latexbliss.com/ I tried them out at a local mattress store. They are not cheap, but saved a bunch by purchasing it from an on-line vendor who had it shipped directly from their factory in Atlanta to my home. They are manufactured by the same company, Latex International, that makes the latex foam.

Memory foam mattresses should never use a box spring. They need a flat foundation to work properly. the springs in a box spring will cause it to sag and provide uneven support as well as create pressure points.

I totally agree with this. You can build your own foundation or go with the ones suggested here: http://www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-forum/general-mattresses/5913-the-best-foundations-or-base-for-a-latex-or-all-foam-mattress.html

Last edited:

Ayrahvon

Aug 7, 2007
I have one of the older models of these and love them. I once considered spending the ungodly amount of money on one of the big name brand mattresses and am very happy I opted for a costco sale instead.

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Its my thread, I say leave them be. If it were pages and pages of meaningless BS, I would totally agree with you.

Good for you. I never got the sentiment in wanting Hot Deals to be anti-informative, of which this thread is not. The OP doesn't own the information, just presenting it... of which in many cases is ripped from Slickdeals and Fatwallet. ;)

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Good for you. I never got the sentiment in wanting Hot Deals to be anti-informative, of which this thread is not. The OP doesn't own the information, just presenting it... of which in many cases is ripped from Slickdeals and Fatwallet. ;)

In this case the info is from me seeing them on sale in the stores. The same as last time, buying them online is $100 more.

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
Has anyone who has purchased this mattress noticed much outgassing smell?

Edit: I was at the Knoxville Costco today. They had the Novaform 14" Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress on display for $499.99 - $100. instant rebate at the register good until 3/30, but you had to pay sales tax on the before rebate price of $499.99, which in Knoxville is 9.50%. The mattress was firmer than my latex mattress which is a medium firm. Reviewers on Costco's website describe the mattress as "Like laying on plywood" and "Hard as a Rock".

Last edited: