Notifications working sometimes...others, not.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I noticed that the forum notifications have been a bit 'buggy' since I changed some of the notification options settings in my account preferences a week or two ago. I've changed them all back to what they were, but my notifications aren't always showing now.

One day it will show nothing when there should be several (from forum threads I had been watching), and the next day it will show them all just fine and as expected. Today is another day of nothing showing.

I've cleared out my browser (cookies, cache, history, etc) and also used a second browser, but it seemed to be the same outcome. Any chance this is on my end? (since I see no one else with this issue, at least not posting about it)

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
I have the same problem and I haven't done anything weird in the notifications settings. I think.

Sometimes I receive no notifications from watched threads and even worse, I stop receiving notifications altogether from that thread.

I mentioned it on the free pc games thread and a member suggested to always click on the notification when it arrives, otherwise the system thinks you are no longer interested. If that's true, then it's stupid. Maybe I don't want to click on that notification on that particular time. What of it? Why the system speculates I don't want to watch it any more, since it's clearly marked as watched?

Also I don't think clicking on all notifications actually helps. For example I haven't missed any notifications from that free games thread and I still did not receive any notification of the new posts.

Can the good admins see to it please?

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Fixed itself for a while, hadn't seen it occur in probably 4 or 5 months at least...now it's back. Not getting many, it seems the notifications I DO get are the rarity, not the ones that are missing.

This time, I had changed nothing in my account settings, it just started doing it again on it's own.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
If I don't click on my nofications one be one, some of them get disabled. I mean I don't get any more notifications from that thread. I wonder if my ublock origin has anything to do with all that.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
This is still occurring, and has been on-again-off-again since February. Notifications either work 100% or not at all. Today it's not at all.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
I do not get notifications again from the free pc games thread. And I made sure that I clicked on every single one of the previous ones.

However I do get notifications from the gpu subforum and obviously I got a notification from this thread, so I can complain again. So at least there's that.

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
The issue for me (until now) was always either ALL notifications would show, or NONE of them would on any given day.

Welp, now they're being split like psolord was explaining. Some watched threads are giving notifications, others are not. Fun.

Reactions: psolord

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
After serious consideration, I have come to the conclusion, that the server is an EPIC/Steam collaborator and does not want me to get the free games they are giving, so I have to buy them. :triumph:

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

NewSilkTurtle

Apr 8, 2002
I'm not sure how y'all are defining "notifications", but is there some way to make this forum send me an email when there is a new reply in a thread I am watching?

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
We are talking about the bell on the upper right. I don't know about emails. I have a couple hundred emails per week. I don't want more.

I received the notification for this thread, but last week it forgot my subscription on the free games thread....again!