Nothing is beyond our reach...

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/12/new-us-spy-satellite-features-world-devouring-octopus/

The Slogan on our latest spy satellite. Accompanying a logo of a world-devouring octopus. Wonder if this was painted before or after the Snowden links.

And courtesy of the Ars commenters:
Ba42Z0lCMAAfkzM.jpg:large

Daverino

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2007
Octopuses are cool. One of the few animals I won't eat.

That looks like a pretty badass octopus as well.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Thats pretty bold. Luckily government doesn't need to worry about customer service or image. They do as they please because they have no one to account to. Voters would vote in satan himself as long as he was a Democrat or republican.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Hahaha those pictures comparing it to the communists is beautiful! Our security agency sucking the life out of the planet and sticking their tentacles everywhere.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Further is it any surprised the octopus is sucking right on the United States? Needs to consume the home front before extending its reach.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Maybe America is no longer the "good guys".... perhaps we are now the "bad guys". This logo certainly projects that image.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Seriously. Is anything going to be done? Are we just resigning ourselves to this level of a police state?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
One should never show a picture like that to a conservative brain.

Now I am curious. What does your brain tell you it is?

Picture or not, USA / NSA surveillance is a direct threat to privacy. May as well be the elimination of the 4th amendment. Don't need a picture to know this, but it certainly helps sum it up.

The USSR only wishes it had modern technology to spy on its people back in the day. Guess we'll show the world how it is done, to build a stronger USSR.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
So I take it a Cthulhu logo was either already taken or too obvious?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Makes you wonder who came up with that logo. Was it originally more mundane and a superior was like "No, that's not quite Bond villainy enough, try again"

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Seriously. Is anything going to be done? Are we just resigning ourselves to this level of a police state?

At this point I'm just trying to figure out how to profit from it. Obviously Americans don't care about any of it.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
So you're saying the "liberal" brain is so defective that such a picture doesn't cause a response...

I see something cold alien and evil poised to destroy the world. It's a projection of my self hate but since I know I hate myself and also know I will project that everywhere, there's nothing you could call a response other than the self-recognition that's what I do all the time everywhere. Well, maybe it also makes me laugh. I am used to the fact that I'm quite ridiculous. There's no place like a rubber room to help you discover that, but only of, course, after you've done quite a lot of screaming and thrashing about.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
At this point I'm just trying to figure out how to profit from it. Obviously Americans don't care about any of it.

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to find reasons to think of oneself first especially so always when the discovery is precede by the thinking.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
The reich didnt lose the 2nd world war. It just changed venues.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I see something cold alien and evil poised to destroy the world. It's a projection of my self hate but since I know I hate myself and also know I will project that everywhere, there's nothing you could call a response other than the self-recognition that's what I do all the time everywhere. Well, maybe it also makes me laugh. I am used to the fact that I'm quite ridiculous. There's no place like a rubber room to help you discover that, but only of, course, after you've done quite a lot of screaming and thrashing about.

If anybody knows rubber rooms, it's you.