not to sound conceited... but i think i'm a good looking guy..... BUT

skim milk

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2003
why don't i have a girlfriend or any female friends for that matter?

this proves that LOOKS ISN't EVERYTHING!! :(
I need to build up my confidence around good looking girls.... and my talking skills. Sometimes i get shy... i shouldn't though. Only if i could be myself and outgoing... i would have girls left and right. At least that's something i can fix... :beer: ...

... or i could just get drunk at a party.. and meet other drunk girls.. but i would rather not. or should i? ;)

bottomline is... I'm a pretty good looking guy.... just need to build up my confidence around girls I'm attracted to. I do weird things around them.. I think I'm too self-conscious about stupid crap. :frown:

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
PSA for all Anandtech YAGT peeps:

Confidence is the key. Girls like take-charge guys; they like alpha-males; they like men who are sure of themselves.

fritolays, you lack confidence. Without it, you will never have a woman.

Thanks, and goodnight.

NoxPT

May 18, 2002
I would reccomend (but this is from witnessing, not experience) get a few drinks, just enough to ease your mind and loosen your muscles, then go over and start flirting, don't get totally drunk though, just get a good buzz going. hope it works for you

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Originally posted by: minendo
I'm an ugly mofo and my girlfriend is hot.
dude that really irks me.. i've seen that before! *shudder* and oddly enough in those situations the guy seems like an asshole too. :Q

oh well.. i have enough girls who like/love me and I'm only half decent looking and not terribly outgoing either. meh

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
PSA for all Anandtech YAGT peeps:

Confidence is the key. Girls like take-charge guys; they like alpha-males; they like men who are sure of themselves.

fritolays, you lack confidence. Without it, you will never have a woman.

Thanks, and goodnight.

dont give away the secret. "YAGT"s are entertaining.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: zCypher
Originally posted by: minendo
I'm an ugly mofo and my girlfriend is hot.
dude that really irks me.. i've seen that before! *shudder* and oddly enough in those situations the guy seems like an asshole too. :Q

oh well.. i have enough girls who like/love me and I'm only half decent looking and not terribly outgoing either. meh

the worse thing is minendo is an ass! lets kick his butt ;)

nativesunshine

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2003
Originally posted by: fritolays

I need to build up my confidence around good looking girls.... and my talking skills. Sometimes i get shy... i shouldn't though. Only if i could be myself and outgoing... i would have girls left and right. At least that's something i can fix... :beer: ...

... or i could just get drunk at a party.. and meet other drunk girls.. but i would rather not. or should i? ;)

bottomline is... I'm a pretty good looking guy.... just need to build up my confidence around girls I'm attracted to. I do weird things around them.. I think I'm too self-conscious about stupid crap. :frown:

I know someone who's pretty attractive but he totally thinks that hot girls are "untouchable" (in his words). He's too afraid that they'll see how geeky he is..and not be interested. But he's got so much going for him...looks, personality. I'm sure he's the kind of guy who knows how to treat a girl right. He just needs to work up the courage to talk to them...and not get drunk and hook up with ugly girls he never wanted to hook up with in the first place.

So yea..my advice to you is the same as the one i gave him. Don't be AFRAID to talk to hot girls..they're not as "untouchable" as you think. Just be yourself!!

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: fritolays

No, I'm pretty socially retarded, I have a hot girlfriend and lots of hot girl friends.

Try moving somewhere else.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: NoxPT
I would reccomend (but this is from witnessing, not experience) get a few drinks, just enough to ease your mind and loosen your muscles, then go over and start flirting, don't get totally drunk though, just get a good buzz going. hope it works for you
yeah, i agree. if you have a good sense of humor, but have trouble around girls, just drink some "liquid courage".

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: anxi80
Originally posted by: NoxPT
yeah, i agree. if you have a good sense of humor, but have trouble around girls, just drink some "liquid courage".

I never believed this until I saw it. The important thing, though, is to make sure you have energy and are in a good mood; otherwise, you could end up being a really sour drunk.

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
I don't think I'm bad looking either though some of you may beg to differ. My :camera: I have the uncanny ability to read people extremely well and am extremely smooth. :cool: One of my friends is a straight up playa and he says that I rival his skills. Problem is he has the confidence of a lion in a sheep herd and I have the confidence of a lamb in a lions den. I have great plans for getting a girls I just can't act on them. I freeze, I say the wrong thing, I can't focus, etc. :( I'm working on it though. :)

Luckily I have 5 or 6 female friends so it's not all bad.