Not only is he incapable of steering a ship, but he can't speak English properly either :P

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia-pacific/2115229.stm

Commander Richard Farrington, who has been in charge of the ship for at least 18 months, said he felt the boat judder.

"It hazarded the lives of 250 men and women. We have done significant damage to a major British warship. This is not a good day for me," he said.

O rly?

EDIT: apparently his grasp of English is better than mine :eek: ;)

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
It's valid English, you smelly convict :)

No comment on his mad boat skills though. He'd best get down the job centre.

Black88GTA

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2003
Heh, I love the picture....there's a closeup of a guy (the commander?) with a sh1t-eatin grin on his face, and the caption "Water reached seven feet in some rooms" :confused:

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Black88GTA
Heh, I love the picture....there's a closeup of a guy (the commander?) with a sh1t-eatin grin on his face, and the caption "Water reached seven feet in some rooms" :confused:

Perhaps he set a world record?

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
It's valid English, you smelly convict :)

No comment on his mad boat skills though. He'd best get down the job centre.

'hazarded' wtf?

i've heard of it in the context of 'hazarding' a guess, but not in that context before :eek:

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004

He is FAR too cheery for a bloke who just did millions of pounds worth of damage, i mean, 'character-building stuff' really is putting an inanely good slant on the situation ;)

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: dug777
i've heard of it in the context of 'hazarding' a guess, but not in that context before :eek:

tr.v. haz·ard·ed, haz·ard·ing, haz·ards
1. To expose to danger or harm. See Synonyms at endanger.
2. To venture (something); dare: hazard a guess.

:)

2002 as well, how did you find that?

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004

tr.v. haz·ard·ed, haz·ard·ing, haz·ards
1. To expose to danger or harm. See Synonyms at endanger.
2. To venture (something); dare: hazard a guess.

:)

2002 as well, how did you find that?

*mutters unpleasantly about the inane structure of the BBC website under his breath*

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
*mutters unpleasantly about the inane structure of the BBC website under his breath*

*mutters unpleasantly about foreign leechers who don't pay a licence fee ;) *

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004

*mutters unpleasantly about foreign leechers who don't pay a licence fee ;) *

*thanks mr.skyscraper for subsidising the website, while muttering unpleasantly about the inane structure of the website*

;)

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Jesus dug is that a signature or a wall scroll. If you are going to make it that big you might as well throw a Nike ad in there and make some profit.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
It was much longer, but someone asked me very nicely if i'd shorten it, so did :)

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
the caption under the photo is some vindication for dug: "The 300 people living on island are fascinated"

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
At least this gives the USN a break from the news, our sub commanders seem to keep running into sh!t.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

He is FAR too cheery for a bloke who just did millions of pounds worth of damage, i mean, 'character-building stuff' really is putting an inanely good slant on the situation ;)

It wasn't a "shipwreck", it was a "spontaneous hyper-realistic hull breach repair exercise".

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: dainthomas

It wasn't a "shipwreck", it was a "spontaneous hyper-realistic hull breach repair exercise".

I'm sure the RN contacted you within about 20 mins of this post offering you the job as a PR officer ;)

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
You seem to be obsessed with Brits, dug777. :)

o rly?

maybe i just like amusing situations like this, and canadia doesn't actually have a navy? ;)

iliopsoas

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: dennilfloss
You seem to be obsessed with Brits, dug777. :)

o rly?

maybe i just like amusing situations like this, and canadia doesn't actually have a navy? ;)

Canada doesn't have crap except for arctic blasts