Not many people bought dells this blackfriday from BestBuy.

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
Last night before the BestBuy blackfriday sales ended, ironically all the Asus and Lenovo laptops were all out of stock online, I referring to the ones on sale of course. However, there were still a quite a bit of the Dell laptop models that were on sale, still in stock online. I am referring to the ones that are not referbished or open boxed.

Is it people don't like BestBuy or people don't like Dell anymore, or did BestBuy overstocked on Dell (which would sound absurd)?

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
My guess is that Lenovo has a lot of loyal fans, but maybe a regular low-end Dell would be replaced by a tablet in most homes. I've only ever used one Dell laptop and it sucks, but I wouldn't write them off because of it. Browsing Best Buy's Dell laptop page, I'm not seeing anything particularly interesting jumping out at me.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
The prices just weren't that good, in my opinion. Dell had much better deals on their consumer website, and outlet store.

Reactions: harobikes333

jstern01

Mar 25, 2010
Sadly Best Buy had very few computer/electronic deals this BF. Almost like they tried to drive customers away. And what did have was gone in minutes.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I think it's funny that anyone would buy a Lenovo after their adware campaign in 2015. I seriously wouldn't buy one for personal or business use.

Brand perception goes a long way with electronics. Dell flooded Walmart and Best Buy....had mall stores for a while. Their brand image is likely hurting because of all the entry level computers people bought over the years. Those are also the same customers/people that are more likely to deviate to a different brand. The opposite end of the spectrum would be Alienware, XPS customers....or Apple customers who prefer the Fisher Price approach to computing and cellphones.

waltchan

Feb 27, 2015
Is it people don't like BestBuy or people don't like Dell anymore, or did BestBuy overstocked on Dell (which would sound absurd)?
Demand for laptops has declined significantly because everyone has one now, or they're moving on to tablets next. I remember back in 2006 when laptops were always sold-out over 50% of the time, and Black Friday 2007 was the craziest. $189.99 Toshiba Celeron 450 15" laptop with free Canon all-in-one printer. It was resellable for $350 profit at $550 range. Today's Black Friday laptops can only sell for $50 profit now, so people give up now.

Don't expect the future to get better, it will get worse permanently. Laptops have shrunk their storage size from 1TB to 250GB to add solid-state HDD instead. Give me a break.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Don't expect the future to get better, it will get worse permanently. Laptops have shrunk their storage size from 1TB to 250GB to add solid-state HDD instead. Give me a break.
You don't consider that an improvement? I do. Who uses all their space? Many more people benefit from the snappiness, and shock-proof durability.

You might be right, though, that many of the purchasers of laptops in prior years, were all flippers, and that very few of those purchases, were directly for the end-users.

I just bought that $499 Walmart-special HP Gaming rig. Why? I have no idea, but I wanted one. Anyways, now to figure out what to do with it. Was planning on adding an SSD, and swapping the 8GB DDR4 for 16GB DDR4 (only two DIMM slots).

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Today's Black Friday laptops can only sell for $50 profit now, so people flippers give up now.
FTFY.

AAAWWWWWW... And yes, the faint melody you may be hearing off in the distance would indeed be the proverbial "world's smallest violin"...;)

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi