Not Hot: Cendyne Rebates being rejected! Cendyne Buyers beware!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Karaktu

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Apr 24, 2002
I posted this in the Rebate Tracking Thread earlier in the week...

*** Officemax Cendyne Rebate Update ***

In case you've missed it, Officemax appears to have quietly funded outstanding Cendyne rebates and paid them as of 9-5-03. Check yours.

:)

Joe

P.S.

If you continue to have problems with this or any other Officemax-related rebate, fax your information to:

Ms. Tonika Johnson
Officemax Rebate Center
Fax: (800) 782-0421

You will definitely need to do this if your last series of Cendyne rebates are showing an invalid status with this message:

"We apologize for the misunderstanding, but your rebate is invalid because this promotion allows one rebate per item per household. A postcard ackowledging your invalid reason will be mailed to you."

If you have any INVALID rebates at RebatesHQ, it appears that Tonika has the authority and direct access to approve and process one "Officemax Customer Appeasement" rebate per name/household; anything beyond that she needs to submit to corporate for approval, which can take 4-7 weeks and may or may not be approved. But that's still better than nothing.

Joe

robsgirl75

Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: ICR5
Got a Cendyne check from Staples for $20.00 today.. Staples is starting to be "a ok" for me now :p

ditto about the check and staples. i'm glad they are funding for the rebates. :)

kellybrf

Jul 24, 2003
i got a verbatium cdrw back in may from bb (they share a rebate center w/cendyne) and never got my $20 check. called bb rebates the other day and they said they were taking over the rebates and to resubmit it to them, so maybe ill actually see this

Ziptar

Platinum Member
Jul 7, 2001
I received my $20 from Staples today for the 48x12x48 CDRW rebate that had previously shown as invalid..

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
I think Officemax is following suit as well. I had two outstanding rebate's with Cendyne. One was for $30 for a 52x drive with Officemax and the other was the $50 rebate for a 4x DVD drive from Staples that I just received. Both rebates showed up online as being fulfilled a week or so ago and I think that Officemax is paying out the rebates just as Staples did. I hope to receive my $30 rebate within a few days.

Sal

beyonddc

May 17, 2001
YES!!!!!!! I just recieved my $50.00 rebates from Staples for the 48x cd-rw back from the thanksgiving deal! I been calling them and request for my rebate, because it kept on saying invalid, but now I finally have my money back! soooo happy!! :) :) :)

Go Staples!!!

paradiss

Mar 1, 2003
I got a reject also on my 48x CDRW from staples, said.. No Serial Number. WICH IS BULLSHIT. cause i did it online right when i walked in my house.

Growltiger

Golden Member
Oct 11, 1999
I received my $30 rebate today from OfficeMax. Here is the message attached to the check (similar or same to checks issued by Staples):

"Thank you for your purchase ________. We apologize if your receipt of this check was delayed. However, Cendyne, Inc., the promotion sponsor has entered into court-appointed receivership and ceased funding the promotion. We are happy to inform you that OfficeMax has chosen to fund your rebate check in place of Cendyne, in order to ensure the best possible experience for you, a valued OfficeMax customer."

OfficeMax came through - a point for them in my book.

Lark888

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
I checked my outstanding rebates for Verbatim CDRW purchased at Best Buy and thought I was fine since no "Cendyne" rebates were involved. Just found out today that my Verbatim $30 rebate on CDRW has been affected. Called on 8/11/03 for a 6/4/03 submittal and had been told they would process within 10 days - Nothing showed up so I called again today and got a recorded message that "the Verbatim/Cendyne rebate center would be closed August 18 and 19th to reopen on August 20" --- Hmmmm, this doesn't sound good, says I.

Good news is that I called Best Buy rebate center and they said that these rebates were being transferred to Best Buy's center for processing. I was given a case number and did need to fax my copy to them. However, they stated that it would take 10-15 days to get check out to me and to call back with case number if it took longer. Hmmmmm, wonder if I'll get a "best buy rebate center is closed....." if I have to call. :)

Just info for anyone else waiting for the Verbatim rebates.

clarkmo

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2000
Staples has come thru too. $50 for a dvd+rw. Guess rebates might prove to be a problem inhe future if this many had gone bust. Now you can buy with a bit more confidence. Still waiting for Plextor to join the double rebate/price match/coupon world.

jb1

Mar 10, 2001
I too received my $ 40.00 Cendyne rebate, direct from Staples ! Lets not forget to thank these companies for shouldering the load, and making this right ! I sent email from Staples Rebate Center to Customer Service thanking them, and a little praise thrown in for good measure !

TheMouse

Sep 11, 2002
i got my rebates from omax... this almost makes me wann buy something at full price as a token of my appreciation!... i'll be e sure to pick up some more paper clips!

ZowieHowie

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2002
for those who bought that Cendyne52x burners last month, did you get both checks yet? There were 2 $30 rebates, one from OM, and one from Cendyne. I got the Cendyne one today. Has anyone received both yet>

ww4397

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
Maybe we'll get some "real" deals now that Staples and OM have gotten bit by this Cendyne problem. In general, I don't mind rebates. But when almost every hot deal at OM requires two rebates, it is starting to be a bit much. There seems to be a trend toward multi-rebate deals and I'm not like'n it to much.