Norton AntiVirus + SystemWorks, McAfee Internet Security, PC-cillin Internet Security FREE after rebates

scoreadeal

Oct 14, 2000
CompUSA is doing the deal this week...

Norton AntiVirus 2006 (FREE after rebates)
Norton Systemworks 2006 Basic Edition (FREE after rebates)
McAfee Internet Security Suite 8 (FREE after rebates)
PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 by Trend Micro (FREE after rebates)

Also, they have Webroot Internet Essentials (SpySweeper, Window Washer, Spam Shredder, Pop Up Washer) for $9.99 after rebate.

Basically, each is a competitor product, so each qualifies the other for the rebate. Here's an example of how to do it:

Rebate Requirements:

PC-cillin: Norton or McAfee title page
Webroot: title page of mcafee, norton, computer associates
McAfee: Title page of Norton
Norton Antivirus: copy of cd, title page from any norton or other company product
Norton Systemworks: copy of cd, title page from any norton or other company product

I'm sending rebates in as follows:

$49.99 PC-cillin: McAfee Title Page
$49.99 Webroot: Norton Antivirus Title Page
$69.99 McAfee: Norton Systemworks Title Page
$39.99 Norton Antivirus: Trend Micro Title Page
$49.99 Norton Systemworks: Webroot CD photocopy
$259.95 up front, shipping is free $150+, all but $9.99 + sales tax + postage is rebated

Simpler purchase example:

$49.99 Webroot: Norton Antivirus Title Page
$49.99 Norton Systemworks: Webroot CD photocopy
$69.99 McAfee: Norton Systemworks Title Page
$169.97 up front, shipping is free $150+, all but $9.99 + sales tax + postage is rebated

Use one on each computer you have or auction off the ones you don't use!

Also, if you want to take it to the next level, get Computer Associates Internet Security Suite FREE after rebates at Staples this week using the competitor products above to qualify!

MrCoyote

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Norton must really be hurting for business. Always on sale or have a major rebate attached to it. This is a good deal for those that need antivirus. But personally I've made the switch to Avast Antivirus and Outpost Pro Firewall for my needs. Norton Internet Security bogged down my system too much and used too much memory and cpu resources.

scoreadeal

Oct 14, 2000
Ditto, I don't use Norton Ghost or GoBack because of system resources but AntiVirus and the casual cleanup with Norton Utilities every now and then helps. It seems no matter what product you use, it doesn't fix everything...

AMD K9

Jan 13, 2005
Can you use Norton Ghost to just Ghost a partition and then copy that to a drive not running Ghost? I wouldn't mind having Ghost just to archive working partitions, without the need for having Ghost running on my system (or anything Norton's for that matter)