North Korea Calls Bolton "Human Scum," Bans Him From Talks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I find it odd that it's only the American commentary on this issue that excites you. Bolton called it like it is, too bad you don't agree with reality. In the international community, NK has the undisputed title of behaving like a petulent brat, and throws insults and threats around with alarming frequency. Your comparing of Bush to Kim makes me want to slap some sense into you. Sure Bush has his days where he says incredibly stupid things, but has he ever suddenly decided he wanted to make a movie, then directed the US military to kidnapp a director from a foreign country for this purpose? Has Bush turned to international blackmail and extortion to bankroll his defunct government? When was the last time you heard of starving children in the US picking through chicken droppings looking for undigested bits of corn? Kim pretends the bottom 20% of the NK population doesn't exist, all the while sipping his imported whiskey, smoking Cubans, and watching his prized DVD collection.

Go read up a little more on world leaders before you spout off about them and make everyone in here question both your sanity and education. Guys like you are gonna make me forsake these forums for good.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Oh please. I'll take the president with the spine, thank you. Say what you want about him, he gets points for not being extorted by a psychopathic 2-bit dictator.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
It's called being part of the human race and not letting innocent people die of starvation while you continue negotiation. Bush can't even negotiate properly. Fine, then bomb and invade before you can't.

MAW1082

Jun 17, 2003
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
Originally posted by: Zebo
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
while he [Kim] lives like royalty in Pyongyang, he keeps hundreds of thousands of his people locked in prison camps with millions more mired in abject poverty

Please explain how this is different than bush? His 2 747's cost more than anything Kim has. Except we have 3 million is prison and 40 millon in poverty.

The 747's were bought before Bush became President. BTW, they aren't his. The belong to the United States Government. To compare Bush to Kim is ridiculous.

Sure is ridiculous when you consider how much more resources we have to address the problem than Kim does. It's beyond ridiculous, it's an abomination. Mr. Bolton has the gaul to to condem NK on it's treatment when his country does the same I is hypocrital too.

Exactly what are we doing that is the same as NK? Giant concentration camps? Millions of people starving? Endless propoganda and a culture of fear? Arbritrary trial and punishment with no legal rights (well we sometimes have that).

You need to get some perspective. Read the HRW or Amnesty International country reports on NK and come back to me.

Concentration camps: LINK

Millions Starving: LINK30 + million

Propaganda: TV Spots

Arbitrary trial and punishment with no legal rights: Dont feel like looking for a link. Guantonamo Bay, Cuba. They're thinking about building an execution chamber on the grounds for god's sake

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
while he [Kim] lives like royalty in Pyongyang, he keeps hundreds of thousands of his people locked in prison camps with millions more mired in abject poverty

Please explain how this is different than bush? His 2 747's cost more than anything Kim has. Except we have 3 million is prison and 40 millon in poverty.

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have read here. Do you really need someone to break down, in specific detail, the differences between the US and NK and the differences between Bush and Lil Kim?

Oh I know the difference between hundreds of thousands and millions. What I don't get is why Mr. Bolton is throwing stones. Must be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Was he lying? See, the problem with liberals and Europeans is that they don't like straight shooters. Well, we have a lot of straight shooters in Washington right now and they speak their mind? If the North Koreans can truthfully refute his statement, then I'd welcome it.

I suggest for ones you keep the evil europeans out of a thread

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It's called being part of the human race and not letting innocent people die of starvation while you continue negotiation. Bush can't even negotiate properly. Fine, then bomb and invade before you can't.

Dude, really. Please come back when you get a grip on reality.

I don't think he'd ever be crazy enough to sell of WMD's to terrorists though

Think again.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yeah, Kim's about as crazy as they come I'm sorry to say.

I love Bush's response to the NKs. Sit yo ass down Hop Sing, you ain't bannin shit! :evil:;)

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000

Millions of North Koreans would love to live in the "poverty" that you describe here.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Americas the greatest...Now read the whole thread for context. Again I was speaking how the Koreans will see attacks on them and thier leader. Does'nt matter what I think. Sensitive Negotiation comprimise will never work the AT in your face name calling way..he'll it does't even work here surprise surprise.