Norah Jones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LanceM

Mar 13, 2004
A girl can be any combination of cute, pretty, beautiful, and sexy. Norah Jones fits none of those categories for me.

Oct 4, 2004
Originally posted by: NanoStuff
Define talented.

Pianist. Singer. Songwriter. 32 Million Albums Sold Worldwide. Has 8 Grammies more than Newegg has Core 2 Duos.

And yeah, she's beautiful. And isn't your typical tabloid-trash celebrity. That's got to be acceptable as a special talent few famous people possess.

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Define talented.

Pianist. Singer. Songwriter. 32 Million Albums Sold Worldwide. Has 8 Grammies more than Newegg has Core 2 Duos.

And yeah, she's beautiful. And isn't your typical tabloid-trash celebrity. That's got to be acceptable as a special talent few famous people possess.

Well, if you consider not being trash a talent, sure. As for the rest of that, my cousin can play Yanni superbly, good vocal chords is hard to consider a talent, and songwriter... well, there are generators for that online.

I have no doubt that her producer is far more talented than she is, but that's life, the underdog gets unappreciated, only the hot chick on the album cover receives recognition.

fallenangel99

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001
She's talented for sure. Her dad being Ravi Shankar (helped the Beatles and stuff) helps too. :) Althought, I don't believe they talk to each other anymore.

DingDingDao

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Define talented.

Well, if you consider not being trash a talent, sure. As for the rest of that, my cousin can play Yanni superbly, good vocal chords is hard to consider a talent, and songwriter... well, there are generators for that online.

I have no doubt that her producer is far more talented than she is, but that's life, the underdog gets unappreciated, only the hot chick on the album cover receives recognition.

Cynical much? :p

Sep 29, 2004
Attractive ... OK

Talented ... sure ... are there more talented ... YES! She's good, not that good. She's just an overhyped jazz singer that 13 year olds like (I'm referring to her peing known as a "pop" entertainer moreso than jazz)

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Excelsior
Originally posted by: funboy42
You wanna see a beautiful woman look up the lady that co-hosts on the A&E show Sell this house. Not talk about one hot fine piece of, um, er, pie. She got the knockers in her hands jsut right for some of the doors they replace on the show and the back yard on untra fine trimmed yard is to die for. Im telling you I wouldnt kick her out of my bed for eating crackers.

Show

No dont go of fap fap faping away:

Dude, yes! I was flipping through the channels one day and saw her and the show. She is fine.

I need to watch more TV.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
You people are smoking crack...

Who the hell would say she isn't beautiful and talented... my god. Even if you aren't partial to her particular look or music... you can't deny the beauty and talent.

Man ATOT never ceases to amaze me...

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
OP sounds like a lovesick puppy ;)

I'd say cute rather than beautiful personally...

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Doboji

Who the hell would say she isn't beautiful and talented... my god. Even if you aren't partial to her particular look or music... you can't deny the beauty and talent.

yes you can, that's the very point of beauty. It's a personal but above all a societal construct. ;)

Aug 16, 2001
Originally posted by: dug777

yes you can, that's the very point of beauty. It's a personal but above all a societal construct. ;)

We need to get back to basics here....

You would still hit it! ;)

DaShen

Lifer
Dec 1, 2000
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad
Originally posted by: NFS4
Didn't she drop of the face of the earth? One hit wonder...

her second album won 3 grammys

:confused:

and her band just realeased a cd a few months back...she stays under the radar

Quoted for Truth. She is a real music artist. She majored in music in college.

Apr 17, 2005
Define talented.

don't hate

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: FrustratedUser
Originally posted by: dug777

We need to get back to basics here....

You would still hit it! ;)

Sure, if i was single, i'd hit it, and hit it :D

Oct 4, 2004
Define talented.

Music is a very subjective choice and nobody can influence likes/dislikes so I won't argue with you there. But you sound like you have got a Vendetta against her! You just hate her music or the whole genre itself?

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Define talented.

Music is a very subjective choice and nobody can influence likes/dislikes so I won't argue with you there. But you sound like you have got a Vendetta against her! You just hate her music or the whole genre itself?
I hate giving credit where credit isn't due, regardless of genre. It's not 'her' music, she's merely a billboard like so many other mainstream 'artists' out there. The music was produced and composed by Arif Mardin; taking a dead man's work and claiming it to be someone else's sure is dirty. I'd love to see what lady Norah comes up with now that Mr Mardin has moved on.

But don't mind me, wallow in your ignorance; as I understand it's far simpler that way.

DingDingDao

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Define talented.

I hate giving credit where credit isn't due, regardless of genre. It's not 'her' music, she's merely a billboard like so many other mainstream 'artists' out there. The music was produced and composed by Arif Mardin; taking a dead man's work and claiming it to be someone else's sure is dirty. I'd love to see what lady Norah comes up with now that Mr Mardin has moved on.

But don't mind me, wallow in your ignorance; as I understand it's far simpler that way.

Would you classify Charlotte Church, Yo Yo Ma, Glenn Gould, or Vladamir Horowitz (RIP) as artists? After all, they're all using the work of dead men...

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: funboy42
You wanna see a beautiful woman look up the lady that co-hosts on the A&E show Sell this house. Not talk about one hot fine piece of, um, er, pie. She got the knockers in her hands jsut right for some of the doors they replace on the show and the back yard on untra fine trimmed yard is to die for. Im telling you I wouldnt kick her out of my bed for eating crackers.

Show

No dont go of fap fap faping away:

She looks like a bitch.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Inspector, thank you for the post. I do hope she stays under the radar.

It's little wonder she was chosen to sing at the Tribute to Johnny Cash. Her real beauty
is in her vocals. Her face is easy on the eyes. Check out youtube.

dug777, it is my hope you have a daughter and men that celebrate thier drunkeness
as you do, say they will hit IT. It?? Are women just meat to you? Sober-up you clod. :p

...Galvanized

Apr 17, 2005
Define talented.

so she's mainstream, but under the radar. Right? :disgust:

and not to mention that she had the 'for radio' remix of dont know why pulled cause it was too commercial and sucky

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
Originally posted by: Inspector Jihad

so she's mainstream, but under the radar. Right? :disgust:

I don't believe I ever said "under the radar". Regardless of what you consider her popularity stance to be, whatever talent she has, it's common talent amongst many such 'artists', nothing uniquely gifted.

I consider myself talented, I can take out a whole Rogue Spear team alone through stealth tactics. I'd appreciate a thread about how much you love me too.