James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
So, all of a sudden, wireless signals make people sick... ya, ok.

If this was true, cordless phones would have been making people sick for years now, along with wireless.

geecee

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2003
I don't know about sick, but I have heard/read other accounts of people who say they don't sleep as well in the presence of wifi signals. Considering people have different brain chemistries and may be affected differently or have different sensitivities, this is not completely off the wall. Has anyone ever done a sleep study like this? All I know is that my Blackberry sets off any speakers in a 5 foot radius when it's connecting and that can't be a good thing. :p

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I still think it's possible. Highly unlikely, but possible. We've been constantly upping the radiation our bodies receive.

They could have not followed FCC regulations and have too much power.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Tizyler
So, all of a sudden, wireless signals make people sick... ya, ok.

If this was true, cordless phones would have been making people sick for years now, along with wireless.

The modulation and use of the 2.4 range is TOTALLY different between cordless phones and wifi.

swtethan

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2005
Suddenly I feel sick now under portland's wifi cloud!!! I cannot even get a good signal indoors! the node is about ~150 ft away. Although the premium is getting a stronger signal.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
I live right on the edge of Oakland County and haven't noticed any extra wireless signals. I'm also sleeping just great at night.

I'd prefer they weren't doing this; it's a waste of time and money.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
I live on the northern west edge and cannot wait for it. To be able to jump on any where and get the lastest baseball scores and email would be great. As far as the expense, it was a private venture that secured the funds to build this thru the Oakland Business Assc. and other places.They hope it will draw more business to Oakland County thru this. To maintain it that is why they are charging for faster speeds.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I'm at the northern edge of the county. I'm anxious for it to be implemented here so that Comcast, which has a lock on my area has some competition.

I'm very happy with my service from Comcast but am hoping that some competition will drive their price down to a more reasonable level. With my TV coming from satellite, I pay through the nose for internet.

Maybe some day Verizon will get off their dead butts and offer FIOS out here too.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: boomerang
I'm at the northern edge of the county. I'm anxious for it to be implemented here so that Comcast, which has a lock on my area has some competition.

I'm very happy with my service from Comcast but am hoping that some competition will drive their price down to a more reasonable level. With my TV coming from satellite, I pay through the nose for internet.

Maybe some day Verizon will get off their dead butts and offer FIOS out here too.

Hello Neighbor,
I believe we have chatted before. Regarding Verizon though, I do not think that we will see it here in Whootersville in our lifetime :brokenheart: Every time I see a Verizon Tech I stop and ask the standard questions of "Will we see DSL or better yet FIOS?" After they pick themselves up off the ground from laughing too hard, they inform me that Verizon has no plans of DSL or FIOS because of the old equipment, lines and population density ie. lack of.

I live not too far from the Verizon station on the main road and I cannot DSL. My cable company Charter, charges an arm and leg for high speed though I do have the fastest at 10 down and 1 up.

nweaver

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2001
I (used to) sit in a Feraday (sic?) cage with 8 100Mw radios for 8 hours a day. I won't have any more kids, because I'm worried....er wait, I mean because 2 is enough.

If you sat in there all day with the door closed, you would get a headache after a few hours.

NiteWulf

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2003
Originally posted by: tyler811

Hello Neighbor,
I believe we have chatted before. Regarding Verizon though, I do not think that we will see it here in Whootersville in our lifetime :brokenheart: Every time I see a Verizon Tech I stop and ask the standard questions of "Will we see DSL or better yet FIOS?" After they pick themselves up off the ground from laughing too hard, they inform me that Verizon has no plans of DSL or FIOS because of the old equipment, lines and population density ie. lack of.

I live not too far from the Verizon station on the main road and I cannot DSL. My cable company Charter, charges an arm and leg for high speed though I do have the fastest at 10 down and 1 up.
AT&T is building boxes down here (Dearborn Heights, Taylor, Allen Park) for fiber distribution. Sorry I can't give a verified source, but I see the new boxes and a close friend of mine talked with an AT&T employee (a member of my congregation's husband) who said they want to offer service by the end of the year. Probably business lines first.

Yeah, it sounds like a stretch, but here's hoping

benjpw

Banned
Jul 13, 2007
I forgot my password to my old atot account so I made a new one JUST to post on this thread.

Did you guys read the "health effects" from that guy? I had to hold my mouth to keep from bursting out laughing. He sounds almost as halarious as the anti-Flouride nut jobs.

Associating everything with wifi... LMAO.

Good stuff.. any more funny links from this Omega Foundation?

Also don't forget - all reports have shown wireless has no effects on humans.

"It feels like there is electricity flowing through my head." HAHA OMG IT GETS BETTER

"Another interesting fact is that these were installed between 9PM-1AM at night. The lady down the street that has her house in front of one said she noticed them "Hurriedly" installing the antenna system at midnight a few days ago."

Old Hippie

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2005
This is his full posting on the affects of his family and neighbors

Tough to say if he's a real wacko, or not. One thing I know.....if I was anywhere near that crew, I'd be buying bottled water.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: NiteWulf
Originally posted by: tyler811

Hello Neighbor,

AT&T is building boxes down here (Dearborn Heights, Taylor, Allen Park) for fiber distribution. Sorry I can't give a verified source, but I see the new boxes and a close friend of mine talked with an AT&T employee (a member of my congregation's husband) who said they want to offer service by the end of the year. Probably business lines first.

Yeah, it sounds like a stretch, but here's hoping

Boomerang and I live in the sticks on northern Oakland county, I wish we could get fiber out here but at least I have cable. My dad lives in the sticks in Florida and he has dial up only and can only connect at 24000 :Q. So I will not complain.