Nominate a new member for the TeAm AnandTech Committee (TAC)

How should we vote for a new TAC member?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
In this thread, please nominate a long-time, respected member of TeAm AnandTech to become a new member of the TeAm AnandTech Committee.

As Tom @Philippart hasn't been in a long time, and @petrusbroder hasn't had much time to do stuff here lately either, we need at least one new member for TAC. I would encourage you to nominate no more than two individuals, and not yourself, but I'm potentially flexible.

The TeAm AnandTech Committee maintains the TeAm profiles on BOINC projects, and fills the "Team Captain" role for stats competitions like Formula BOINC.

Committee: @petrusbroder, @Ken g6, and Tom @Philippart.
Member emeritus: @Rudy Toody
Advisors: @Smoke, @RaySun2Be, and @Fullmetal Chocobo.

After nominations, the TeAm as a whole will vote for a new member. See the poll above to decide how we vote. If we vote on teamanandtech.org, I'd like to at least have the poll in the public portion of that forum, but it appears individual votes can't be made public there.

Edit: I should mention that TAC members share their real names and addresses with each other. If you don't want to do that, you can decline your nomination.

Edit2: Traditionally, there have only been three TAC members, and forum moderators have been excluded. But I'm a forum moderator and still a TAC member...

more guidelines than actual rules...

Last edited:

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Yes, I think that petrusbroder is basicly off-line. I am pretty sure that Smoke is "retired" from all of this. I have not seen fullmetal chocobo for ages, or phillipart.

I think we need 2 new members.

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
When we started TAC, I created a TAC Wallet to hold the info off-line. @Philippart and @petrusbroder got the flash drives. I am looking for mine and I will send it to someone when I find it. It contains a list of all projects and their owners. It would be nice to create another secret forum for TAC to maintain that info for access by all approved TAC members. (Perhaps, encrypt the data for additional security so we don't have to keep it off-line.)

Last edited:

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I'm curious as to what exactly this involves - The TeAm AnandTech Committee maintains the TeAm profiles on BOINC projects, and fills the "Team Captain" role for stats competitions like Formula BOINC.

PS Note, I'm not expressing an interest in doing this, as during normal times I wouldn't have the time to.
I do have a candidate in mind though, hence the question ;).

Ken g6

Dec 11, 1999
I am looking for mine and I will send it to someone when I find it. It contains a list of all projects and their owners.
I got a zipfile from you containing that info. I'll pass it on to whoever we elect, probably with a few modifications.

For now, you can be TAC pro-tem, since we never changed the passwords since you were a TAC member. ;)

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
First off, I will say that I think this needs to be public nominations with maybe the current and past TAC members making the final selection or maybe a short list to be voted on. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth.

Secondly, I would like to nominate in no particular order other than alphabetical;
Markfw
TennesseeTony

Thirdly and lastly, I will take this opportunity to hijack the thread and mention that I think that StefanR5R should be given Elite Member status. His constant and extremely valuable information here is always of great help to all. If there is a limit on this "title" feel free to give mine to him.

Ken g6

Dec 11, 1999
I'm curious as to what exactly this involves - The TeAm AnandTech Committee maintains the TeAm profiles on BOINC projects, and fills the "Team Captain" role for stats competitions like Formula BOINC.
Well, let's see what I've done:

- When a new BOINC project appears, I create a TAC user and create a TeAm, or request foundership of the TeAm if it already exists. I need to request foundership of TeAms that already exist in a few other projects too, but I've largely been putting that off. This could be a good project for the newbie. :D
- On a few stats sites, like Formula BOINC, boincstats, and a few projects like WCG, a team founder must sign up for some challenges. People here ask to be signed up, and I sign us up.
- I have to watch the TAC e-mail account. Occasionally, someone will request a foundership change, and I have to deny that within a month. I have TAC e-mail forwarded to my account; others probably can too. The account normally doesn't get much e-mail, except that now that TAC is team captain of WCG, and I had to do a few WU to prevent that account being deleted (other projects allow a founder with 0 WUs), I keep getting e-mail asking me to come back and do more. :rolleyes:

Thirdly and lastly, I will take this opportunity to hijack the thread and mention that I think that @StefanR5R should be given Elite Member status.
Sounds good to me. :) But I have no control over this, and not much knowledge about it either. I suppose a post in Moderator Discussions might help.

Reactions: Assimilator1

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
now that TAC is team captain of WCG, and I had to do a few WU to prevent that account being deleted (other projects allow a founder with 0 WUs), I keep getting e-mail asking me to come back and do more. :rolleyes:
I was wondering about that and found this:
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/viewPrivacyStatement.do
IBM said:
Retention

Your personal information will be retained for as long as your account is active. An account is considered inactive when all of the following conditions have been met: (1) the member has not returned a result in the last 36 months; (2) the member has not logged in to the WCG Site in the last 36 months; and (3) none of the member's devices have communicated with World Community Grid servers in the last 36 months. Once an account is deemed inactive, IBM will permanently delete that member account and information. IBM will notify a member via email before account deletion.
IOW, at least every three years, the TAC pseudo user needs to log in to the web site or have a client issue a scheduler request in its name.

• Love
Reactions: Ken g6

ZipSpeed

Golden Member
Aug 13, 2007
I third the motion of Mark and Tony as the newest members of TAC. As for the Elites, everyone participating in the fight against COVID-19 are Elite in my eyes! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

That said, this is my vote for Stefan's promotion to elite:

giphy.gif

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
@Ken g6

I'd be willing to run a PC doing WCG for the foreseeable future to keep that active/keep the emails at bay. I suppose you might need to share credentials for that to work? If that's too sensitive, I could have you anydesk in and enter them. Just thought I would put that out there.

It wouldn't be anything amazing but enough to keep it rolling.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Since it seems like this wasn't actually completed, and Orange Kid revived it...

resources

Ken g6

Dec 11, 1999
Wow, I forgot that I did this. I guess I need a voting thread soon.