Nokia Lumia 635 + Fitbit Flex bundle starting at $148.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

batmanuel

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2003
Great deal from the Microsoft Store for anyone looking for a good deal on an inexpensive no-contract phone.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-635-+-FitBit-Flex-Bundle/productID.305841200

The price depends on the version of the phone. With AT&T, the phone is cheaper, so the bundle is only $148, while T-Mobile has the phone priced higher so the bundle works out to $178 for their variant. The phones are identical in terms of features, only T-Mobile doesn't discount their version as cheaply (the phones are non-contact but carrier locked, so there is still a bit of a subsidy), and the covers are different colors - white for T-mo and black for AT&T (although you can buy other color covers).

When you factor in the $99 price for the Fitbit, it is a great price for a pretty decent phone. For either $50 or $80, you get:
- Quad-core Snapdragon 400
- LTE connectivity
- 4.5" 854 x 480 screen
- 5 MP camera
- 8 GB of storage plus up to 128 GB expansion via microSD card

Plus the phone comes with Windows Phone 8.1 out of the box, so you get the latest WP 8.1 features like Cortana, which is nice for the price. The Lumia 635 also includes worldwide turn-by-turn navigation with support for offline maps, so it even without a SIM in it, it makes a great little GPS or portable media player.

If you don't need a Fitbit but want the new hotness, the AT&T prepaid Lumia 520 just got the WP 8.1 update today, and can be had for $50 over at Amazon, too:
http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Lumia-52...ords=lumia+520

The Lumia 520 previously only had regional free navigation for the US (a global license was $20 more), but the WP 8.1 update upgrades all devices to HERE Drive+ which has global navigation for free. So what was already a good deal with the Lumia 520 gets even better.

Last edited:

drnickriviera

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Thanks for the info. I was wondering when 8.1 would come to the 520. I used to have the cheap android phone walmart sells for straight talk. The 520 is in another league.

Roland00Address

Platinum Member
Dec 17, 2008
If you can get a moto g lte + sd card for $180 (currently bestbuy.com has it for this price) what does this have over the moto g lte?

Things I can think of.

• Windows phone 8.1 over android, some people prefer one or the other
  • Cheaper price
  • Fitbit Flex

If you had the budget up to $200 interested buyers which one would you get, with the option to keep the difference in cash of whatever you get?

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Not a bad deal. I 'm tempted to wait out the bugs and price for a 635. I'm hoping its down to $50-75 by the fall. It would make a nice backup phone and let me test out "Cortana" voice AI.

Medikit

Feb 15, 2006
If you can get a moto g lte + sd card for $180 (currently bestbuy.com has it for this price) what does this have over the moto g lte?

Things I can think of.

• Windows phone 8.1 over android, some people prefer one or the other
  • Cheaper price
  • Fitbit Flex

If you had the budget up to $200 interested buyers which one would you get, with the option to keep the difference in cash of whatever you get?

wifi calling on T-mobile

batmanuel

Platinum Member
Jan 15, 2003
That resolution is bad

Yeah, the resolution is the weak spot, but Windows Phone does a pretty darn good job of scaling the fonts at that resolution. It looks a little better than you think just looking at the numbers. Still it is a trade off that they had to make to get the price down around $100 while still including LTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.