Nokia 7210 USA release ?

ScottFern

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
I have seen commercials lately for the Nokia 7210 cell phone.

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/7210

I was curious if anyone worked for nokia/cell phone providers that knew when or around this phone was going to be released. It looks pretty sweet and I want to get one ASAP. I assumed since it is listed on the nokia usa website that it IS coming to the US. Any info news, or rumors appreciated.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I believe the 7350 is kinda the US equivalent? That one is due for a early 2003 release.

Insomnium

Aug 8, 2000
Were these commercials for a certain wireless service? If so, which one? This phone looks really sweet, and if verizon offered it i might just wait a couple months to check it out and maybe pick it up, instead of picking up the Motorola T720 like I originally planned.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Insomnium
Were these commercials for a certain wireless service? If so, which one? This phone looks really sweet, and if verizon offered it i might just wait a couple months to check it out and maybe pick it up, instead of picking up the Motorola T720 like I originally planned.

It is a GSM phone. Would need a new version to support Verizon.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001

it was a nokia commercial, non-carrier specific.

-=bmacd=-

Spicedaddy

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2002
You can get it online for ~400$ US. It's unlocked so it'll work with any GSM service in the world...

I think it's kind of ugly, and seems bulky. I'd rather have a T68i, or Samsung S100.

Insomnium

Aug 8, 2000
Originally posted by: Deeko

It is a GSM phone. Would need a new version to support Verizon.

Oh yea just noticed that looking at the site again, d'oh.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
With the exception of trying out a Panasonic cell phone, i'd never buy anything BUT a nokia EVER again

-=bmacd=-

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I had a Panasonic 210 back when I had AT&T, it was nice...I wouldn't be ONLY nokia though, I've got an Ericsson T68(the original version from Europe, not the stupid version AT&T is handing out), and this thing is sweet. Good features, small, great battery, and this thing is a freakin beast, I've kicked it across the street, dropped it onto hard cement, done pretty much everything that would make any Nokia I've ever used shatter, and all it has to show is a few little nicks on the casing.