Question Noctua NF-P14s 1500rpm redux review

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Summary - This thing is obnoxious over 850 rpm.

If this is basically the old NF-p14 that everyone raved about back in the old timey days I'm assuming everyone was deaf or had lead lined cased encased in foam and concrete.
I wanted to have an Amazon box show up at my door so I ordered 2 of these to toss in my 3900X rig. I wanted a non sleeve bearing horizontal fan and I never dipped my toes in the Noctua pool so I took a chance on the redux line instead of spending $$$$ on their current lineup.

One replaced an MF200r that was mounted horizontally and the other replaced a Phantek PH F140MP rear exhaust.
On full blast the Noctua's appear to be better at cooling but I think I rather start a house fire than listen to them wail.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I can't stand about every case fan in existence over 900 RPM. I own several different models of Noctua (even the NF-P14S Redux 1200 PWM), along with fans from Be Quiet, Fractal Design, Phanteks, etc.

In fact, my CPU fan and case fans are always under 750 - 800 RPM so my PC stays absolutely silent. And they only go that high when I'm playing very long Civilization games. Otherwise, they pretty much stay at 700 RPM or so.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Summary - This thing is obnoxious over 850 rpm.

If this is basically the old NF-p14 that everyone raved about back in the old timey days I'm assuming everyone was deaf or had lead lined cased encased in foam and concrete.
I wanted to have an Amazon box show up at my door so I ordered 2 of these to toss in my 3900X rig. I wanted a non sleeve bearing horizontal fan and I never dipped my toes in the Noctua pool so I took a chance on the redux line instead of spending $$$$ on their current lineup.

One replaced an MF200r that was mounted horizontally and the other replaced a Phantek PH F140MP rear exhaust.
On full blast the Noctua's appear to be better at cooling but I think I rather start a house fire than listen to them wail.

To answer that query...in bold...no, the NF-P14s you purchased is nothing like the old timey P14's.

Here's a link to the old one (it's a round fan, not square):

That's the only P14 that's existed until the redux. Completely changed the fan except for name.

There is an actual redux version of the orig. P14, the NF-P14r:

Last edited:

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
To answer that query...in bold...no, the NF-P14s you purchased is nothing like the old timey P14's.

Here's a link to the old one (it's a round fan, not square):

That's the only P14 that's existed until the redux. Completely changed the fan except for name.

There is an actual redux version of the orig. P14, the NF-P14r:

Didn't think there was a difference other than frame