Nobody Wants to Talk About CNN's 'Ethnic' Problem

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
I'm convinced the OP is the dumbest person on the internet. No other explanation.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
How about a hobby, RC saiplanes? DLG is in right now, come on down to DC we can go flying, forget all the politcal crap thats giving you stress, it will hurt your health.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I like the picture they chose for the article. It shows how serious this is.
url4-203x300.jpeg

This is serious stuff. Super serious.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/02/04/Nobody-Wants-to-Talk-About-CNNs-Ethnic-Problem

Cnn executive constantly complained that the viewership of “Early Start” and “Starting Point” was “too ethnic,” based on the high concentration of minority viewers. He later clarified his argument but there were many contradictions which suggest this was happening for some time.

No one in the media wants to talk about this, the naacp and some black journalists ignored this.

The hypocrisy here is stunning, when romney made his comments they were outraged but ignore this.

This is the same network that plays up the race card and hears racial dog whistles in "Chicago" and "food stamps".

This is also the same cnn that is obsessed with racial politics, They have soledad obrien who is obsessed with the issue of race.

This whole case just shows once again that the media is biased and serves an agenda

So when is the media going to call out cnn for this disgraceful act?
Do you think what cnn did was wrong?
Do you believe the media is corrupt and biased?

The irony of this is that the person who wants to talk about this is....YOU!! now that is funny!!!!

Apr 27, 2012
Because we aren't filling in the blanks the same way as you. I've tried to figure out what the big deal here is since the thread was first posted, and it still makes no sense to me. I mean, I see what you're posting, and I see what you're saying, but I don't see what meaning is supposed to be behind it.

News media should, IMO, be better regulated, and required to actually be news media. But, being that they are actually up to the minute advertising vehicles, c'est la vie.

I can kind of understand where your coming from,

If you have ever watched soldad obrien especially during the election she was engaging in a lot of race baiting, she openly defended obama on almost everything and was quick to use the race card to shut down opponents .

She loves to talk about race especially with her show "black in America" even though she is married to a white guy!!! The hypocrisy is amazing here

Now knowing this cnn has stated that many of her viewers were ethnic since according to them are more likely to be on the left

So the executive at cnn said the audience was too ethnic, its too ethnic since she talks so much about these race issues and divides people

Now compare his comment to romney and his 47% comment, very similar yet this one gets protected and no mention of this, if a republican had done this then it would be guaranteed they would be making a big deal out of this.

I hope this makes it easier for you to understand what I am talking about

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
She loves to talk about race especially with her show "black in America" even though she is married to a white guy!!! The hypocrisy is amazing here

Interesting, are you saying people of mixed ancestry should not be marrying whites? Is this racial purity thing important to you?

Apr 27, 2012
Interesting, are you saying people of mixed ancestry should not be marrying whites? Is this racial purity thing important to you?

No, I didn't say that, I dont have a problem with mixed marriages but I exposing the hypocrisy here.

This woman plays up the race card all the time and is a huge race baiter who attacks black Conservatives for not being black. She had a show called black in America yet she married a white guy, its hypocritical of her

Imagine a black guy going around blaming white people for all his problems and then marries a white girl, hypocrisy

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001

If you have ever watched soldad obrien especially during the election she was engaging in a lot of race baiting, she openly defended obama on almost everything and was quick to use the race card to shut down opponents .

Now knowing this cnn has stated that many of her viewers were ethnic since according to them are more likely to be on the left

So the executive at cnn said the audience was too ethnic, its too ethnic since she talks so much about these race issues and divides people

Now compare his comment to romney and his 47% comment, very similar yet this one gets protected and no mention of this, if a republican had done this then it would be guaranteed they would be making a big deal out of this.

Can we just show this guy the door, and send him on his way back to Stormfront already?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
No, I didn't say that, I dont have a problem with mixed marriages but I exposing the hypocrisy here.

This woman plays up the race card all the time and is a huge race baiter who attacks black Conservatives for not being black. She had a show called black in America yet she married a white guy, its hypocritical of her

Imagine a black guy going around blaming white people for all his problems and then marries a white girl, hypocrisy

So pointing out issues faced by African-Americans like segregation and discrimination means that you must hate all white people?

It could just be me, but I'm not seeing how pointing out mistreatment by a white-dominated society translates into hating every single white person.

In fact, if you are saying society should be color-blind then isn't it consistent with that to not care about the race of the person you are marrying?

Attacking someone for marrying "the wrong race" seems like racism to me.

Apr 27, 2012
So pointing out issues faced by African-Americans like segregation and discrimination means that you must hate all white people?

It could just be me, but I'm not seeing how pointing out mistreatment by a white-dominated society translates into hating every single white person.

In fact, if you are saying society should be color-blind then isn't it consistent with that to not care about the race of the person you are marrying?

Attacking someone for marrying "the wrong race" seems like racism to me.

Your not understanding me, She is black and engages in race baiting and defends obama on almost everything, she has attack black Conservatives for being sellouts yet she married a white guy,

She attacks black people for not being black yet she does something that can be construed as not being black, This is the hypocrisy I am talking about

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Your not understanding me, She is black and engages in race baiting and defends obama on almost everything, she has attack black Conservatives for being sellouts yet she married a white guy,

She attacks black people for not being black yet she does something that can be construed as not being black, This is the hypocrisy I am talking about

I think we do understand that you're a race baiting retard.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Still not explaining why this should be a news story rather than an internal affair dealt with by HR....

I know I couldnt care less

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000

If you have ever watched soldad obrien especially during the election she was engaging in a lot of race baiting, she openly defended obama on almost everything and was quick to use the race card to shut down opponents.
I've never intentionally done so, and had to look the name up to see who she was. Fox News was worth watching during the election (This can't be real! Our models are better! Nooooo!!!), CBS was the most fair, NBC was silly, and CNN I didn't even bother with.

Problem: advertisers have demographics in mind that don't match the show, and/or ratings aren't good enough. Solutions: change the show to get better ratings in the important groups, or replace the show.

You're trying to stretch it to mean something different and important. It was news in the 80s. Today, it's SOP.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
KHATmPp.gif

this has to be what the OP looks like when they start these threads....

it's the only reasonable explanation.

Feb 10, 2000

Really and truly, leave us alone and stop with this nonsense.

Again, you are either stupid or a liar or both. At this point I am leaning toward both.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
incorrigible is a troll and he too stupid to know he's a troll.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Icorruptible does not want ot talk about Incorruptible's "ethnic problems."

lol--breitbart? that site is still going after that hateful ignorant wise and beautiful woman died and went straight to hell? rofl.