Nobody Wants to Talk About CNN's 'Ethnic' Problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
When Dick Parsons was CEO of Time Warner, or shortly after he left Time Warner to advise Barack Obama, he fathered an illegitimate child. NO ONE picked it up, except a local paper in Manhattan. So, yes, they do protect each other. It's kind of obvious why. If one starts reporting on the other, G-d knows what will come out...

Yes, I do know the name and address of the mother. Yes, he does want to get back to her and he contacts her periodically. Don't ask me how I know this.
proves nothing.....no links no proof....so sorry

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Hey, he started a threat in which he didn't attack Muslims. I think this shows remarkable improvement on his part. Or perhaps he just forgot for a minute what his schtick was.

He did that a few days ago, and also had that thread backfire on him.

Apr 27, 2012
This is a story, I posted two other sources for this. The executive made comments about being too ethnic and the media has refused to report on this, this is media bias

Feb 10, 2000
This is a story, I posted two other sources for this. The executive made comments about being too ethnic and the media has refused to report on this, this is media bias

None of the sources you have posted are anything other than second- and third-hand recitations of the allegations in the original blog, which has recanted them.

You remind me of Adam Carolla's occasional refrain when it comes to explaining people's unbelievable explanations for things (a la the Manti Te'O story): stupid or liar? You are either stupid or a liar (an invented character feigning outrage about this). Which is it?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Incorruptible - do you understand that CNN makes its money from advertisers, paying them for viewers? And that the payment is based on the demographics of the viewers not just their number?

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
None of the sources you have posted are anything other than second- and third-hand recitations of the allegations in the original blog, which has recanted them.

You remind me of Adam Carolla's occasional refrain when it comes to explaining people's unbelievable explanations for things (a la the Manti Te'O story): stupid or liar? You are either stupid or a liar (an invented character feigning outrage about this). Which is it?

You forgot the third possibility, he is both stupid and a liar.
My money is on that choice.

Apr 27, 2012

Here are two sources for the story, check them out

Feb 10, 2000
Here are two sources for the story, check them out

Both of these are thirdhand (or possibly more) "sources," which ultimately trace back to the allegations in the original FishbowlDC blog, allegations which FishbowlDC has recanted (or at least modified to eliminate the very allegation that you claim to be upset about).

So I guess you're going with "stupid," rather than "liar"?

Apr 27, 2012
Both of these are thirdhand (or possibly more) "sources," which ultimately trace back to the allegations in the original FishbowlDC blog, allegations which FishbowlDC has recanted (or at least modified to eliminate the very allegation that you claim to be upset about).

So I guess you're going with "stupid," rather than "liar"?

Why is that? It proves my OP that the media will not report on this so you wont see the msm reports but small unknown sources reporting on this

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Why is that? It proves my OP that the media will not report on this so you wont see the msm reports but small unknown sources reporting on this

No, it proves you are simply a stupid troll who doesn't understand the value of a reliable source.

Feb 10, 2000

Even if it were true (and the original FishbowlDC piece which gave rise to this entire "story" seems to indicate it isn't), how would this merit reporting outside of news sources reporting on the media itself?

I have already given you at least 10 times more respect than this inane thread warrants by responding seriously to you, which casts doubt on my own judgment since I'm certain you're just trolling us with this nonsense.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't think he is stupid or a liar. I think he is a person trying to do something good. He has been made to believe there is evil in the world and probably that minorities contain that evil. He is desperately trying to wake us up to that terrible evil he sees. He sees only the good and the evil not understanding that he was made into a bigot by what he has experienced and confused with reality. If you have been forced to believe that somebody is evil, either because they have treated you badly and you generalize about some feature they have, or you were told they are evil by somebody whose love and support you depend on to survive, you will buy into the notion that those traits and that evil go together. You become a bigot, but the real underlying intention is good, to protect the self and others from evil. A bigot deserves only pity and understanding for what they have lived through that has twisted them up, but an eye has to be kept open to the fact that their demented mental state is also potentially dangerous. You will, however, never convince a bigot that he is a bigot because his sights are set on his intentions, to save us from evil, but an evil that does not exist as imagined.

Apr 27, 2012
Even if it were true (and the original FishbowlDC piece which gave rise to this entire "story" seems to indicate it isn't), how would this merit reporting outside of news sources reporting on the media itself?

I have already given you at least 10 times more respect than this inane thread warrants by responding seriously to you, which casts doubt on my own judgment since I'm certain you're just trolling us with this nonsense.

If its true and I believe it is then its significant because this is something the people should know. If the executive makes comments about a show audience being too ethnic dont you think people should know about this?

Ask yourself this , If a republican or Fox News made these statements you dont think the media would be all over it?

The fact that this hasn't been picked up by the major news outlets confirms the bias about how they protect each other

Remember when msnbc? edited the video of the Sandy Hook father, I dont recall the media calling them out for that which is dishonest journalism

I am not a troll but just someone with different views

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If its true and I believe it is then its significant because this is something the people should know. If the executive makes comments about a show audience being too ethnic dont you think people should know about this?

Ask yourself this , If a republican or Fox News made these statements you dont think the media would be all over it?

The fact that this hasn't been picked up by the major news outlets confirms the bias about how they protect each other

Remember when msnbc? edited the video of the Sandy Hook father, I dont recall the media calling them out for that which is dishonest journalism

People aren't rejecting your views because they are different but because they don't have your same bigotry and instinctively feel the irrationality of that bigotry when you post out of it. Your bigotry is palpable and clear to folk who aren't bigots or are different kinds of bigots. But you will find bigots LIKE you who WILL agree.

Apr 27, 2012
I don't think he is stupid or a liar. I think he is a person trying to do something good. He has been made to believe there is evil in the world and probably that minorities contain that evil. He is desperately trying to wake us up to that terrible evil he sees. He sees only the good and the evil not understanding that he was made into a bigot by what he has experienced and confused with reality. If you have been forced to believe that somebody is evil, either because they have treated you badly and you generalize about some feature they have, or you were told they are evil by somebody whose love and support you depend on to survive, you will buy into the notion that those traits and that evil go together. You become a bigot, but the real underlying intention is good, to protect the self and others from evil. A bigot deserves only pity and understanding for what they have lived through that has twisted them up, but an eye has to be kept open to the fact that their demented mental state is also potentially dangerous. You will, however, never convince a bigot that he is a bigot because his sights are set on his intentions, to save us from evil, but an evil that does not exist as imagined.

Just skipped right over that :awe:

Feb 10, 2000

Just skipped right over that :awe: because you have added nothing to this already inane thread.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Why? What does the existence of an illegitimate child have to do with his duties? It's not as though he stole company assets. Calling this a "cover-up" because it didn't engender a lot of reportage sounds paranoid IMO. I easily found it on the NY Daily News, Gawker and HuffPost sites with a simple Google search.

Paranoid? This is an industry that protects its own. All the stuff you saw online was reported 9 months after the baby was born. Nine months. That's an eternity in the internet age. It was also conveniently reported after he got the job in the Obama cabinet. Having an illegitimate child is difficult to hide. Imagine what else is going on with these people (speculating of course but it makes you wonder).

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Paranoid? This is an industry that protects its own. All the stuff you saw online was reported 9 months after the baby was born. Nine months. That's an eternity in the internet age. It was also conveniently reported after he got the job in the Obama cabinet. Having an illegitimate child is difficult to hide. Imagine what else is going on with these people (speculating of course but it makes you wonder).
How the hell is a CEO of *ANY* company having an affair or an illegitimate child newsworthy of any publication other than tabloids?

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
bottom of the barrel propaganda disguised as news. cnn= castroti news network. News for the liberal agenda of lies and delusions.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Same shit, different week....

Why is this ex banned Ron Paulbot troll still posting here? Why is the ECO-KOCK poster above allowed to continually take troll and run shits into P&N threads?

Keep up the good work!!! Cya in a week...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
bottom of the barrel propaganda disguised as news. cnn= castroti news network. News for the liberal agenda of lies and delusions.

Agreed, I used to watch cnn but now its just horrible and soledad obrien on the network is just horrible. The amount of bias that comes from them is stunning

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
So how can people not see this? Just look at the tactics of soledad obrien and its very clear what they are up to
Because we aren't filling in the blanks the same way as you. I've tried to figure out what the big deal here is since the thread was first posted, and it still makes no sense to me. I mean, I see what you're posting, and I see what you're saying, but I don't see what meaning is supposed to be behind it.

News media should, IMO, be better regulated, and required to actually be news media. But, being that they are actually up to the minute advertising vehicles, c'est la vie.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
At this point, Incorr's threads should not receive ANY responses... stop responding to his insanity and he will get the hint.