No win situation

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
If Bush indeed carries Florida it will be done so as a "mistake". 19,000 double votes disqualified, a hugely dispraportionate number of disqualified ballots than anywhere else in Florida. 20% of Buchanons vote came from Palm Beach, Pat Buchanon says that most likely those were unintended votes. Pat Buchanon is as far right as on can be without being Gary Bauer and has no intrest in seeing a DEMOcrat win the election. Kudos to Pat for being honorable. 50% of the socailist vote total was cast in Palm Beach, that would be the punch hole right beneath Gore's intended hole, again a dispreportionate amount for one district to carry. There are enough questions about these ballots to make "general assumptions" about the validity of the voting process there. Therefore G.W. Bush will win it knowing that in reality he won because of the unfourtunete mistakes of confused voters that had voted against him and had them disqualified. He will be vastly unpopular and the Republikans run the chance of looking as if they would take any victory no matter if the victory was intended or not. = No Win for america

If Gore goes to court about the mess in Florida it will draw the process out and leave an already weak and unlikeable canidate looking like a "win at all cost" canidate, making him very unpopular (more so than now) and inflaming the Republikan base to again start the "Witch hunt" only this time it will be 4 years of trying to nail Gore down for vague and iffy discretions, tying up congress and the goverment in a battle of partisanship. = No Win for america.

[/b]This just plian sucks and I really wish that SOMEONE, ANYONE would seek to put the best intrest of the people first and disregard party lines. This is why I have not been able to vote for DEMOcrats or Republikans with any faith for years. The two party system is not working for the people, the two party system only works for the parties.

SHUX

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< If Gore goes to court about the mess in Florida >>

&quot;If&quot;? He will, and when he does, he'll also lose that.

Russ, NCNE

fdiskboy

Golden Member
Sep 21, 2000
Spin, Spin, Spin the black circle.

I didn't hear anyone whine when Buchanan received 8000 votes in Palm Beach County in 1996.

He only got 3000 votes this year.

Where were all these complaints 4 years ago?

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I think you missed the point Russ. It is a no win for either and a huge loss for America, I am more intrested in seeing Americas best intrest taken into account rather than Gore/Bush, at this point who cares, these have been the worst choices in canidates ever and I think it shows by the amount of voters that turned out to &quot;make sure _____ didn't get elected&quot;, and the fact that it is being decided by a incredably small number of people. At least the Nader/Browne/Buchanon voters had enough conviction to vote for who best represented them.

SHUX

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
fdiskboy
The count you refer too in 96 was a primary,not a general election. BIG DIFFERENCE!

The reports from Florida have just a little over 1000 regestered Buuchanan voters in that district. Pat Buchanan is on record saying he did not deserve those 3000+ votes and acknowledges the ballot irregularity.

Spin,Spin,Spin.

Very entertaining.;)

fdiskboy

Golden Member
Sep 21, 2000
And the spin goes on....

Tripleshot, name one other time you have agreed with Pat Buchanan.

Hell just froze over, I think.

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

I'm curious Russ, since Gore has won the popular vote, doesn't it make sense for him to pursue the electoral vote as well, especially in light of the controversy of the ballots? If you were in his position, what would you do?

I'm really quite interested in your opinion, since you seem to be more &quot;to-the-right&quot; than most of the people on this board. Myself, I am left of center, just to clarify.

I can understand him challenging the election, but I think it will hurt the country more to do it, since it will drag this unbearable process out even longer. Beyond the politics, I just want to feel that this was a &quot;fair&quot; election... if not, it will be harder to rally behind the winner.

rickn

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
All my Canadian friends are taunting me.

One friend said, &quot;You all voted for a dead guy&quot;. After that I didn't get a response from him for 5 mins, he was to busy laffing his a$$ off.

This is an embarrassment for this country. Knowing 19,000 votes were disqualified for one county, that is very democratic, I dunno if I could ever look at either Gore or Bush as a legitimate president, which is quite sad.

Also, stop dissing the elderly population. Some of your parents are gonna live down here someday. They may not be the greatest drivers, but they do deserve respect.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
About the dead guys wife winning, I would love to see this woman thank the voters for the sympathy and ask for a new election in 6 months to be sure that it was indeed the will of the people.

I would have the utmost respect for Bush if he came out and sincerly requested that this was resolved and addressed so that the will of the people was clear.

Fdisk,
SPIN is not my objective. You have a one track mind that is not worth attemting to engage in &quot;thoughtful discussion&quot; since you incapable of seeing the larger picture.

SHUX

kassy

Sep 13, 2000

<< This is an embarrassment for this country >>

rickn, I have to agree with you - I posted this in another thread,

&quot; I am not American, I couldn't vote and will not be able to for several years, but the decision on who will be President will impact on my life because I live here and married a US Citizen. Yeah I know, &quot;big deal&quot; you say, BUT my point is this, as an outsider, and looking at this from a global perspective I think it is fair to say that the rest of the world is perhaps seeing America as a country that would be unable to organize a piss up in a brewery, and that is a shame. &quot;