(No surprise) Stephen Miller exposed as a racist shitbag

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Seems appropriate. I'm sure there will be objections just because its her and a presumption there is no racism

Ocasio-Cortez Calls On Stephen Miller To Resign Amid White Nationalist Email Leak

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Seems appropriate. I'm sure there will be objections just because its her and a presumption there is no racism

Ocasio-Cortez Calls On Stephen Miller To Resign Amid White Nationalist Email Leak

Him being there is as intended, so there's no way he'd leave. He's been pretty loyal to Trump so far.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Lol the WH is not denying that the emails are Millers but instead has decided to call reporters asking questions about them antisemitic on background. What a bunch of useless fucks.
See post below.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Dems always making up racism where there isn't any.
Dems are smart enough not to wear it on their sleeve like dumb Repubs while using it to loot the country and thus creating much of the divisions you see today.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Dems are smart enough not to wear it on their sleeve like dumb Repubs while using it to loot the country and thus creating much of the divisions you see today.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

True, LBJ was kinda a big ole racist. I grew up surrounded by them and, yes, even parroted some of their mantra.....then I grew up.

Back to LBJ.....he did manage to force the Civil Rights Act through Congress then sign it into legislation. That about evens it out. Despite what he felt, he did the right thing for the country. Cannot say that about damned near any Republican in recent memory......last 40 years or so at least.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

And all those Southerners LBJ was referring to are your modern-day Republicans. Democrats moves on after the Civil Rights Act. GOP was only too happy to welcome and cajole racist southerners who were kicking and screaming against losing their heritage of white dominance.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Yes he said that. Yes he was a racist old coot...you're also completely unconcerned that he said this in reference to Southern Democrat anti-Civil Rights strategy, which led to them motivating old racists to flee the democratic party and hijack the GOP in "perpetual protest."

And these old racist fucks that make up the foundation and the columns of the GOP tent are still litigated Civil Rights today.

LBJ continues to be 100% correct.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
We get it. You are angry the functioning racist got some of the most significant legislation in history passed that benefited minorities.

Reactions: zinfamous

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yes he said that. Yes he was a racist old coot...you're also completely unconcerned that he said this in reference to Southern Democrat anti-Civil Rights strategy, which led to them motivating old racists to flee the democratic party and hijack the GOP in "perpetual protest."

And these old racist fucks that make up the foundation and the columns of the GOP tent are still litigated Civil Rights today.

LBJ continues to be 100% correct.
Pubs hate, just hate, to be reminded of this.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You're on a roll today. LBJ wasn't advocating the strategy but illuminating the strategy, dragging it out into the open in order to let folks know that they were being had.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You're on a roll today. LBJ wasn't advocating the strategy but illuminating the strategy, dragging it out into the open in order to let folks know that they were being had.

Yep. LBJ understood himself & the culture in which he was raised. He recognized & overcame his own prejudice to do the right thing for America. He was also horribly wrong about Vietnam, something that overwhelmed the country at the time & his legacy today.

Reactions: Meghan54

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Yep. LBJ understood himself & the culture in which he was raised. He recognized & overcame his own prejudice to do the right thing for America. He was also horribly wrong about Vietnam, something that overwhelmed the country at the time & his legacy today.
plus it probably added to leading him not to run for a second term

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yep. LBJ understood himself & the culture in which he was raised. He recognized & overcame his own prejudice to do the right thing for America.

I don't know if I agree with that. There were incentives in terms of locking up the black vote for Democrats which make me question such motivation.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't know if I agree with that. There were incentives in terms of locking up the black vote for Democrats which make me question such motivation.

When LBJ signed the civil rights act he said (correctly) that Democrats had lost the south for a generation. Are you saying he thought this was to his electoral advantage?

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
When LBJ signed the civil rights act he said (correctly) that Democrats had lost the south for a generation. Are you saying he thought this was to his electoral advantage?

I actually don't know enough. I was taught in the past about that motivation. This Snopes page provides some context: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-voting-democratic/

I think it's fair to say from those statements that LBJ had awareness of advantages to pursuing the civil rights act apart from it being the right thing to do.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I actually don't know enough. I was taught in the past about that motivation. This Snopes page provides some context: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lbj-voting-democratic/

I think it's fair to say from those statements that LBJ had awareness of advantages to pursuing the civil rights act apart from it being the right thing to do.

Your link says his primary concern about the act was that it would be overall politically damaging though.

Lastly, the historical evidence suggests that far from being concerned about securing future generations of black votes, one of Johnson’s main worries — which, to his credit, didn’t prevent him from pushing for passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 — was losing the votes of white Southerners.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So, uhh, who isn't ashamed that our President has a white supremacist as senior adviser? OTOH, who isn't surprised?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
He Knew he had doomed the democratic party in the south. But, he did the right thing. Country over party.

Reactions: zinfamous

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Gotta love it how the Democrats are somehow responsible for one of Trump's senior advisors being a white supremacist racist shitbag. There's bothsides, and then there's just blatant lying.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Gotta love it how the Democrats are somehow responsible for one of Trump's senior advisors being a white supremacist racist shitbag. There's bothsides, and then there's just blatant lying.

Liberals do something bad: 'Liberals are bad!'

Conservatives do something bad: 'They only did it because liberals are bad!'

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Liberals do something bad: 'Liberals are bad!'

Conservatives do something bad: 'They only did it because liberals are bad!'
They are what happens when a group of people became so authoritarian in mindset that they begin to perceive any exercise of freedom by another group of people as a threat to their own freedom.