No surprise here: Ford plans to kill Excursion; Cadillac Cien shelved

QTPie

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2001
it doesn't matter to me since one car is too big and the other is too $$$$$$$$$$$$, hehehe...

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Well, that just pisses me off! I plan to buy a 50' Fountaine offshore power boat with triple 8.0L S/C engines in 2005.....now what in the hell am I going to tow it with, that can still haul my family? :|

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
Well, that just pisses me off! I plan to buy a 50' Fountaine offshore power boat with triple 8.0L S/C engines in 2005.....now what in the hell am I going to tow it with, that can still haul my family? :|

Don't worry, they'll be coming out with this to replace the Excursion.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Uh Oh..........hope this doesn't get to much publicity...................my wife still liked the Excursion we had better than the Yukon we have now....... If she hears this, she'll buy one next year I just know it..............

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
If she hears this, she'll buy one next year I just know it..............

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They might go up in price, if this news gets far! :(

Jan 9, 2002
Cool as the Excursion is, somewhat, I think it's a wise idea. It really should have been just an extended Expedition. Chevy is having tremendous success with their own line of large SUVs, so maybe they're taking heed. It's all about basing it off your full-size truck, not the heavy duty stuff. Allow me to ellaborate with some analogies (and I hope I'm structuring them properly- haven't done this since 8th grade)...

Chevy 1500 pickup : Chevy Tahoe :: Ford Expedition : Ford F-150 pickup
Chevy 1500 pickup : Chevy Suburban :: Ford Expedition : Ford F-150 pickup
Chevy 2500 pickup : No current model:: Ford Excursion : Ford F-250 pickup

...or something like that. The Chevy Tahoe is basically a shrunken Suburban. Ford needs to make an extended Expedition (rebadged as the Excursion once again, or maybe just Expedition XL, kinda like what GMC did with the Yukon), and I think they'll have much greater success. Would make for an excellent Photoshop project for right now anyway!

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
Would make for an excellent Photoshop project for right now anyway!

So stretch it, then show us the result. Also, you might just send it on to Ford. They always had a "better idea", right? ;)