No spike in coronavirus in places reopening, U.S. health secretary says

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
When historians look back at this hundreds of years later they will all see just how stupid we were.

It's all just typical human nature I guess. We are the only animlas on the planet with a conscious. We are albe to make decisions for good and bad. Many people don't like to critically think, and it's their ego and hubris that is their downfall. They also read one or a few articles that support their demented beliefs, and think it's actually factually...

...or attend those rallies from that guy telling them what they want to hear. In a hundred years from now, historians will talk about this and grad students will write about this. Just like they do today about 1940's Germany. "How can normal people fall in line with such crazy ideas and follow such an obviously crazy leader?" It's the same stuff with the same answers.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
...or attend those rallies from that guy telling them what they want to hear. In a hundred years from now, historians will talk about this and grad students will write about this. Just like they do today about 1940's Germany. "How can normal people fall in line with such crazy ideas and follow such an obviously crazy leader?" It's the same stuff with the same answers.

Fear is the ultimate motivator. Look at Christanity as example. Priest have used fear for thousands of years to keep people in line. I don't want to burn in hell for eternity. Do you? Trump uses fear to keep his people in line. The blue states are taking your rights. FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Wearing a mask is a symbol of oppression.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Accountability only applies to Democrats

Remember that time when a Democrat said some peeps in Libya were just protesting a movie and it turned out to be a terrorist plot instead? I think 4 people died and Republicans wanted to hold that Democrat responsible.

Standards have changed I guess.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

You see that guy screaming "FREEEEDOM!"?

I'd like to remind everyone that Braveheart was a hardcore Republicans fever dream, and the real William Wallace was actually a rich land owner whose two interests were increasing his wealth and political power.
So yeah, it makes sense MAGA hatters would use him as their idol.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Remember that time when a Democrat said some peeps in Libya were just protesting a movie and it turned out to be a terrorist plot instead? I think 4 people died and Republicans wanted to hold that Democrat responsible.

Standards have changed I guess.

I think the standards are the same. When the D's run something, R's hold them up on a pedestal that they won't hold themselves to. It's WJWD.

Reactions: cytg111