Solved! no sound output device detected

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
dell 7586 2 in 1

realtek audio, tried uninstalling reinstalling, disabling re enabling, got it to work twice temporarily then it seems to have stopped working again. having a little bit of a issue finding the correct driver from realteks site as it says 2018 is the latest driver?

dell has this driver, i tried extracting it installing it as package / updating with just driver / etc etc.
ControllerRealtek ALC3254 with Waves MaxxAudio Pro

Version: 6.0.8809.1 ,A07Older versions
Last Updated Date: 03 Dec 2019
File Name: Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_DPTT5_WIN_6.0.8809.1_A07.EXE
File size: 409.47 MB

the person i got the laptop said after a reinstall of windows 10 the sound stopped working (thats why i have it i assume) i can always plug in a usb speaker if i cant get it to work, i have not tried reinstalling windows Just wonder what someone else would try given that i did have it working nicely but shortly again the sound disappeared saying no audio output device.

so why doesnt realtek have this alc3254 on the site with a driver?
i guess removing updates sound related would be first task **** (i didnt see any sound updates in the windows update section when i checked )
most likely will try and install latest ltsb when i get a chance.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
guess everyone is bizzy on friday night! downloading ltsb dec 2019 1809 (think thats what it was) since 1903 pro is installed currently. hopefully ill have time tomorrow during lunch to start the process ;(

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Is this an older laptop? I seem to recall some issues with older (Core2-era) laptops, and WaveMaxx audio devices, and not getting any audio output under Win10, with more than 3GB of RAM present in the system. Had to limit it with MSCONFIG.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Is this an older laptop? I seem to recall some issues with older (Core2-era) laptops, and WaveMaxx audio devices, and not getting any audio output under Win10, with more than 3GB of RAM present in the system. Had to limit it with MSCONFIG.
(was just about to update the thread) actually i just fixed it today with some free time, i had to install generic audio device for the intel sst audio controller, disable updates and it is working perfectly, it says in the op dell 7586 2 in 1 ;) it is running great now just installed some games and tested fine, still stuck on old bios, was tempted to /forceit from command prompt and take out teh hard drive (have seen some people saying hard drive needed to be removed before the bios would flash) but i can leave the super old bios (0.14 and they are on 1.6 now)

Last edited: