No sound during capture - ATI AIW 8500DV

Optical

Aug 27, 2001
I'm not getting sound with the LIne in (VCR) even using their latest driver and ATI Multimedia Center. I'm using the TV mode to capture a video from a VCR using composite connection. Video works fine just no sound. It seems like I always have problems with their AIW cards. Please help.

PING

Oct 9, 1999
I don't have AIW. but, on my system sometimes if I didn't get sound on my capture the "line in" option is not selected. it could be the microphone is selected instead. select "line in" and that would solve the no sound prob.

Optical

Aug 27, 2001
I got that set for line-in so that's not it. I ran through their useless FAQ and looked for all the obvious. This is my second AIW, nutting but trouble.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Do you have the Radeon connected to your soundcard? Here is the diagram showing the proper connections.

Eagle17

Nov 23, 2001
rbv5 is on the money.. you have to make sure that you are set up just like the diagram .. remember the aiw does not have a built on sound card... you have to use the splitout.

Optical

Aug 27, 2001
Yes, it was the cable. I was so anxious didn't even pay attention to it. Thanks everybody, especially rbv5! This forum has never let me down.

Optical

Aug 27, 2001
Guys,

One more issue came up. Now I got sound but the record button on the TV player is grayed out. I've not made any changes on the digital VCR. What happened?

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Check to see if you have tv on demand (timeshifting) enabled, its the button to the upper left of the channel selector.