no reception indoors

themillak

Feb 2, 2011
I have an HTC One V that I purchased on Amazon about 6-7 months ago. About 2 weeks ago I realized I was at home and I had no reception. As soon as I left to walk to school I had reception again, but once I got into class I lost reception again. Same thing when I took my daughter to daycare, reception outside, nothing once I entered the building.

I know it's just my phone since my wife's phone has reception everywhere, my phone had reception everywhere until it didn't, and my mom's phone that I'm borrowing has reception everywhere I am, even when mine doesn't.

Any ideas? I cleaned out the space with the SIM card (read: blew very hard) well, but it doesn't make sense to me that my phone would go from working fine to suddenly not. I even tried with a different carrier, but had the same issues: only reception when outdoors.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
i think the problem is that you bought an htc phone

Infraction for thread crapping
Moderator PM

Last edited by a moderator:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
i think the problem is that you bought an htc phone

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA. nope. not funny

i have a one v, but i cant comment on its reception as i use wifi on it only. its been a good phone overall though, you might want to take it in and have it looked at.

or, maybe reflash the radio.. but be careful you can brick the one v if you do it wrong.

Hunt3rj2

Jun 23, 2008
Your problem is likely disconnect of the antenna from the back cover. The plastic cover is the antenna. Make sure to clean the contacts on the back cover with alcohol and that it is on securely.

themillak

Feb 2, 2011
I was thinking that it might be that. I took the back cover on and off a bunch of times over the past month, and I'm guessing the contacts aren't connecting well anymore. I tried a factory reset instead of a reflash and unsuprisingly that didn't help (I thought it might reflash the phone with it's stock rom but it doesn't seem to do that). I found a couple of places on ebay that'll ship a replacement back cover for under $10 if cleaning the contacts doesn't help.

thanks for the suggestions guys.

Daniel Jones

Mar 29, 2013
www.kiwitech.com
It is possible that Network IC of your phone isn't working fine. Your phone is in warranty period since it was bought approx 7 months back. I will suggest you to send it to HTC service center and ask them to fix the issue. HTC is good in their services (personal experience), they will fix it and if they can't they will replace your phone with a new one.

themillak

Feb 2, 2011
I'll see if there's an HTC service station anywhere nearby enough. cleaning the contacts with 95% alcohol didn't help.

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
I'll see if there's an HTC service station anywhere nearby enough. cleaning the contacts with 95% alcohol didn't help.

that might be because alcohol doesnt clean contacts that well. get contact cleaner. and bend the metal tabs out so they put more pressure on the contacts.