No price cuts for ATI 5830?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dark4ng3l

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2000

"Ther PCS+ 5830 requires no additional PCI-E power connector, since the card draws a power limit that can be provided through the motherboard alone, less than 75W at full load."

What? There is no way that is accurate. I would take this review with a bit of skepticism if they miss the fact that the card need 2x 6 pin power connectors.

powercolor_5830_10.jpg

MrK6

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2004
"Ther PCS+ 5830 requires no additional PCI-E power connector, since the card draws a power limit that can be provided through the motherboard alone, less than 75W at full load."

What? There is no way that is accurate. I would take this review with a bit of skepticism if they miss the fact that the card need 2x 6 pin power connectors.

Nice catch, that's hilarious, especially since the card won't even boot without those power connectors plugged in.

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
as in I was too lazy to search? :p

thanks for the linkies, 5770 does look quite good. In my case though, 5850 is the only option since my mobo lacks a second pci-e slot for CF.

I was all excited about this option since I have a crossfire mobo, but I just noticed that the second slot is only x4 :(