no more

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zysoclaplem

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2003
Well I would say to tell her goodbye to life, but that's not exactly true.
My brother and his gf are on their second baby, and she is only 18.
But due to government aid, aka taxpayer dollars, they actually have it very easy.
As for me, I cannot even get a grant for college.

KarmaPolice

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
that is rough. It seems that kids are diong this more and more. My friend in highschool (who I now hate cause he is a egotistical, know it all bastard with horrible social skills) told me that he had sex at 14...14!!! thats really young...he could have gotten her preggers. Even tho this guy is a bastard he is a very smart guy..dunno what he was thinking. he says at the time he didnt really knwo what he was doing.

Now lets see..let me put myself in your position...a little more info on you suroudnigs and life style/family life would be helpful but here is my go on it.

1. Dont be mean to the baby...not his fault
2. If your parents are good parents i assume they are gonna help out with the baby while still making it her repssonsibility...So i would sya help out like you should as part of the family but make sure it is known that it is HER ****** storm and that she is gonna have to NOT go out all the time, NOT do the things that normal 14 years old do every night...and so on..
3. Be blunt about the situation to your sister but be supportive....

I dont know..this is a really hard situation. I know its easy for me to say since i dont have a kid and I dont now what child birth is like but at that age, I think there is really no hope for a proper raised child unless the parents completly take over...so I would seriously consider adoption.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: DaShen
I would freaking kill the guy who did it! :|
"the guy" didn't do it. it takes two.

unless the girl in question was unconscious, drugged, raped, etc etc etc.

Abel007

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
You're sister is going to have a rough life ahead of her now. You're the big brother and have to help her out anyway you can. I'm not saying financialy, but emotionally. She might feel the need to turn to drugs to ease the pain of having a kid and not being able to enjoy her young life the way she once could. I wish her good fortune.

Also, there is no reason to be angry. Whats done is done. Anger won't turn back the clock and make everything ok. Move forward and be there for her. :thumbsup:

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My sister? Not so much. She's much older than me and already has kids. :p Yeah, if she was 14 it'd be different, but it would be her problem. I'd feel a lot worse if my GF was pregnant, because that would have a bigger effect on me.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
I say f*ck it, don't support her or be there for her. If she was stupid enough to get pregnant at 14, it's her own problem. Lead your life the way you want but be good to child when you have to. Be there for him, not for her, she obviously doesn't have a lick of sense if she tried to hide it instead of bringing it in the open, going for counselling, etc. Didn't she realize how this would affect her life? If this was my child, I would have to send her away for a cooling off period as I couldn't even look at her without wanting to beat some sense into her.

eLiu

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2001
I would make fun of her for being a retard.

Then I would proceed to be completely un-supportive.

Teen pregnancy is for useless sh1ts. (Not including rape cases... that's a different story entirely.)

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I'd go out and knock up a chick of my own!

I'm not going to let my sister be the only attention-whore.

SirStev0

Lifer
Nov 13, 2003
Originally posted by: MyStupidMouth
Well my sister was pregnant since she was about 13. She tried to hide it from everyone like a idiot. im not sure why but she did. How would you feel about this?

i feel like ive read this post before

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
But wait... this is ATOT...
Everyone here thinks that we should be experimenting with sex at the age of 10. :roll:
Why should we be surprised if someone gets pregnant at 13?

This is america, we dont even teach sex ed until 11th grade...

This, my friends is why we still need to teach religious values, not sex education.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: sao123
But wait... this is ATOT...
Everyone here thinks that we should be experimenting with sex at the age of 10. :roll:
Why should we be surprised if someone gets pregnant at 13?

This is america, we dont even teach sex ed until 11th grade...

This, my friends is why we still need to teach religious values, not sex education.

Thanks for the input Rev :)

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
your sister was pregnant at age 13? wtf? why did she do that? didn't your your parents teach her that it's bad? has she given birth yet? i dunno how i'd feel, but i thought these things were really really rare.

go outside of your house immediately.