No brainer prediction, Romney gets nominated only to lose to Obama

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Right now what I see is that O'Bammah is his own worse enemy. The president comes with an even better reason to get rid of him every week!

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Right now what I see is that O'Bammah is his own worse enemy. The president comes with an even better reason to get rid of him every week!

While I'm not thrilled with Obama he's been a better President than any GOP President since Nixon. And he's better than any of the field of Republicans vying to replace him.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Ha, Romney has about as much chance as getting elected Governor in a very Democratic state....

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
The Problem with the GOP is they are out of touch. Everything with them seems to be about Gays,Abortion,More religion in government,Contraception.

They just seem a bit out of touch. And this GOP Primary is a huge mess. Obama just needs to sit back and watch them implode.

It's called pandering... and apparently it works.

If you actually talk about something with substance, that just opens you up to being called looney tunes.

csteggo

Jul 5, 2004
My biggest worry about Romney being president is having a republican there possibly appoint 1 or 2 people to the Supreme Court. Look at some of the decisions that have happened now as it is with this batch. Citizens United anyone? I have many different reasons that I would like to see someone other than Obama in office. His towing the line for corporate interests being one of the big ones. But I fear more than anything another Alito or Scalia would be absolutely painful.

LOL_Wut_Axel

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2011
Well, I don't like Obama, but it's pretty obvious if you're unbiased that he'll win against Romney in the elections.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Ha, Romney has about as much chance as getting elected Governor in a very Democratic state....

... which is precisely why he hasn't already secured the GOP nomination.

Yeah.
Remember, California just had 7 years of a Republican governor without having their state motto changed to: "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?" So, Matt, don't confuse state with national politics. An (R) in a liberal state does not mean, "I'm an ignorant redneck" like it does in a conservative state, so it is not a disqualifier.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
chart133292431887524880.png

chart133292431887524876.png

Doesn't look like the increase in perceived likelihood of Obamacare being overturned impacted the perceived likelihood of Obama being reelected at all.

Feb 6, 2007
You're like Nostradamus. Quick, give me the winning Powerball numbers for tomorrow's drawing. No, wait, that's cheating... Just tell me which store sells the winning ticket.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I'm surprised it was as close as it was. What is there about 150,000 votes between Obama as president or Mitt Romney? Mitt Romney?

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I'm surprised it was as close as it was. What is there about 150,000 votes between Obama as president or Mitt Romney? Mitt Romney?

According to CNN, the popular vote is currently:

58,780,321 for Obama
56,519,952 for Romney

Obama up by 2.2 million.

Closer than it was in 2008, but not as close as you think.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Lol very nice OP!

Romney is definitely the most appealing candidate the GOP has to offer, and he has the best chance to win against Obama. It's primarily because he doesn't pander to the racists and religious Christian whackos in the GOP. He's a strict Rockefeller Republican to his core, and by far more left-leaning when it comes to social issues.

IMHO this is really the only kind of candidate that can win in a general election anymore. The GOP can't put forward a nutcase like Santorum or someone as divisive as Gingrich and expect to win. Those candidates don't have much appeal to anyone outside of the GOP base.

I thought this was funny.

lowrider69

Aug 26, 2004
Obama puppet won. What a surprise, didn't take a crystal ball to figure that out in advance. The police state is moving ahead at a quicker pace under him(the agenda moves ahead no matter who is in there), why impede progress? Romney, Obama, doesn't matter. You would think people would realize that by now. Some have I think, 90 million didn't vote this time around. The illusion of choice, a curious thing.

Last edited: