No Asians Please !!

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
People are discrimated all over the world on basis of ethnicity/color/gender.

They're just moer open about it countries where there isn't laws banning it is all. No surprises.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
At least they said please.
rolleye.gif

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: gluck
And I thought people have grown up.

yikes, that's a gross misjudgement.

you have too much faith in humanity, my friend ;)

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
> It was here that I first came across advertisements like 'Wanted HR Manager -- US/UK/SA/EUR/NZL Only.'

Is it possible there's a legitimate reason for that? I'd have looked into that before getting so angry.

Anyway. What's SA and NZL mean? South Americans and Netherlanders?

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: hjo3
> It was here that I first came across advertisements like 'Wanted HR Manager -- US/UK/SA/EUR/NZL Only.'

Is it possible there's a legitimate reason for that? I'd have looked into that before getting so angry.

Saudi Arabia and New Zealand?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CanOWorms

South Africans as in Afrikaner and New Zealanders.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002

New Zealand and probably White Austrailians.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

South Africa and New Zealand

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

Probably South Africa and New Zealand.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
I have lived in the Middle East, and job descrimination based on nationality is very very common. Companies have pay scales over there; Americans and Saudis (or any other Gulf state country) on top, followed by Europeans, then come the other Arabs (the lighter skinned ones), then Pakistanis, followed by Indians. Fillipinos, Sri Lankans, Thai, Nigerians (or any other African nation) at the bottom. Then it's followed by people from Bangladesh, who are at the very very bottom. They have all sorts of "special" privileges for you if you are American or European.

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: So
Originally posted by: Sifl
I didn't click the link but if that's about the sign in front of my house I can explain.

lol!

Last month it said, "No, Lesbian Midget Pyromaniacs from Peru."

I've always wondered what he was doing.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
at least discrimination in america is not severe. other places it is though. who cares really, racist places aren't worth staying in anyway.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
more proof that the US happens to be one of the least racist places on the planet.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
Even though the US isn't perfect, it goes to show you how different we are from the rest of the world.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Most of the world is racist. The US (and Canada) are probably the least racist, but we do have some problems. Europe has a lot of racism/discrimination, too.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Most of the world is racist. The US (and Canada) are probably the least racist, but we do have some problems. Europe has a lot of racism/discrimination, too.

And in most countries, rasicm is considered a fact of life, and you just have to work around it.

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti

And in most countries, rasicm is considered a fact of life, and you just have to work around it.

true. white people have it good though. they are accepted all over the world. lucky them.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother

true. white people have it good though. they are accepted all over the world. lucky them.

never been to korea have you

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
And people moan and groan about racism in this country.
rolleye.gif

It's probably because of greater diversity that makes US and Canada not as racist as other parts of the world.

TommyVercetti

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2003
Originally posted by: ElFenix
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother

never been to korea have you

Why? what goes on in Korea?