Nixeus Fusion HD Media Player + Premium 1.4 HDMI Cable + Free Shipping for $199.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I owned this media player for over two months now and so far I've been pretty happy with its core functions and ease of use. In terms of stability, quality and functionality it works better other media players I currently owned and owned in the past. Nixeus customer service and tech support have been great, too!

Two months ago I paid $219.99 + $12.95 shipping and there was no HDMI Cable included. Amazon is currently selling it between $203 and $219 (No free shipping).

SonicElectronix is currently selling the Nixeus Fusion HD for $199.99 with free ground shipping and a free premium Nixeus HDMI 1.4 Certified (3D Ready) 8 feet cable! This deal is good till 10/31/2010.

Here is their link:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27608_Nixeus+Fusion+HD+-NX-1000+HD-.html

Just thought I'd share. ;)

Destiny

Platinum Member
Jul 6, 2010
why did you pick this and not a boxee, roku, or WD?
just wondering which is best...

Western Digital Live:
I had this media player and even though it states it can play the files listed - for some reason it couldn't play some MKV files and others. I streamed these same files with the Nixeus FHD and it played them. You can also install an internal HDD up to 2 TB, supports USB key board and mouse (including wireless ones), and it also came with a wireless-N USB. The Western Digital seems to add new features with new models so you would have to go out and buy their new model (i.e WDTV Live Plus). So far the Nixeus had 4 firmware updates each adding new features and functions.

Roku:
I don't own this... but from what I heard from other forums - you cannot stream local content (not sure). I think you can only access web based stuff including NetFlix. It also didn't have internal HDD support. I also know the new ROKUs are coming about - but being able to stream local content is still unknown.

Boxee Box:
Looks promising with all the web features.
again no internal HDD support. Some of the features have not been confirmed and I heard they just changed processors?

Why I chose Nixeus:
* Right out of the box its core functions for what I needed it to do worked and its firmware was stable and not buggy like others.
* Internal HDD support so it is portable and I can bring it anywhere and also transfer files using its USB Client port - so the Nixeus functions as an external HDD too.
* It can function as a Network Attached Server to stream to my other media players in the house.
* Using PlayOn Third Part Software (Similar to Boxee Box's software?), I also can access NetFlix and Hulu. - Ironicall this feature is more stable and functional than one of my media players that hast built in NetFlix.
* Unlimited Web Channels through the Fusion Channel - and you can add your own.
* Watch YouTube.
* It currently does not support Flash Video through it's built in Web Browser - but they are currently working on it for future firmware updates.
* It's USB supports all kinds of USB devices... USB hard drives, USB Card Readers, USB Keyboard/Mouse, Digital Cameras/Camcorders, USB Flash memory/thumb drives - those are the ones I've tried.
I was also very happy that I didn't get caught up in the PopBox drama too... I was considering that until I read the reviews and comments on this forum and other forums...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.