Nissan Titan: Some different pics & a review

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
"Both front and rear axles are from well known Dana with the rear being a Dana 44. The engine holds 7 quarts of oil, another clue of how serious Nissan is about Titan being the real deal. Maximum trailer capacity is 9500#'s."

I'm sorry, but if that thing came up to tow our 9000LB trailer, I'd refuse to let them even hook it up. I don't want to be out a trailer.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
it looks much better with the body color grille, but still looks like it was beat with the ugly stick. and the armada looks like its deformed half-brother. damn those things are fugly. this from the same company that made the G35 sedan...

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
"Both front and rear axles are from well known Dana with the rear being a Dana 44. The engine holds 7 quarts of oil, another clue of how serious Nissan is about Titan being the real deal. Maximum trailer capacity is 9500#'s."

I'm sorry, but if that thing came up to tow our 9000LB trailer, I'd refuse to let them even hook it up. I don't want to be out a trailer.
I found that funny also.. d44 in the front of a 1/2ton is fine.. but in the rear rated for 9500#'s... remember the Ram's in 1995? I think we will see that again.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
what is the front axle in this thing? It says the rear is a 44, but does not mention the front. They must have a custom Dana axle, unless they put a dana 30 in the front of that thing :Q

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
This thread woke me up to both Nissan and Ford. It's nice to see Ford finally get some styling in there. I'm just curious to see if these american cars actually make interiors that can last more than 5 years of abuse... That's the main reason I like imports: They use decent quality plastics and stay away from the plushy stuff that both Ford and GM put in their cars back around the late 80s/early 90s... I definitely think Nissan might be onto something with the new lineup. :D

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Aimster
That interior is far better than what ford has to offer. The seats alone look more rich and comfortable than anything Ford has to offer.
That interior owns Ford.

you must be a REAL fanboi to think that you can KNOW how COMFORTABLE a seat is JUST by looking at pictures.
rolleye.gif

bernse

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
what is the front axle in this thing? It says the rear is a 44, but does not mention the front. They must have a custom Dana axle, unless they put a dana 30 in the front of that thing :Q

Actually, I read somewhere either it was a D30 or it was custom Nissan but about the same size as a 30.

Too puny to be taken seriously by people that buy trucks to be a truck. I think my Cherokee has the same size of diffs!

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: bernse
Originally posted by: iamwiz82

Actually, I read somewhere either it was a D30 or it was custom Nissan but about the same size as a 30.

Too puny to be taken seriously by people that buy trucks to be a truck. I think my Cherokee has the same size of diffs!
I think it's got 44's in both... pathetic, the Jeep Rubicon has 44's in the front and back and thats a 6 banger with no tow capacity.. sweet Jeep though ;)