Nintendo Revolution's "Downloadable Past N Games" are 100% FREE

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Free or not free I will be buying the revolution. Big N's first party games more than make up for any downfalls the consoles may have. Add that to the fact that the console is cheap and you have a winner. The only hard choice is which of the other two to buy...

-spike

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
You know what? The old Nintendo fanboy of the 80's and early 90's wants Nintendo to succeed. I hope they carry well into the forth coming generations. They're not going down dammit. BTW, I think there's a reason why this generation is the "revolution," as touted by Nintendo. I can't wait and see the upcoming Controller and GAMES/Content.
:eek:~

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: aves2k
Originally posted by: Skoorb
The moves of a desperate company about to enter desperate times.

Things are looking bleak.

Thank you sir, for pointing out what so many fail to realize.

Nintendo is a BUSINESS. If I ran a business that was making $800 million USD in profit per year, with about 10 times that amount in cash reserves, I certainly wouldn't call it quits.

Philippine Mango

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Muadib
Originally posted by: Skoorb
The moves of a desperate company about to enter desperate times.
QFT!!! Who the heck buys a next gen console for old games? Granted, I stayed with Sony because the PS2 would play the PS games. But I can count the number of times I played my PS games on one hand.

Tell you the truth, I would buy a console to play old games. I've played on the NES and N64 which I loved quite a bit of those games but we gave away our nes and we didn't own a N64. I was thinking of going on ebay and buying those consoles+games but after hearing nintendo will do this, I'm already sold on this console (though I'm not sure how you can emulate an N64 Controller) because it just saved me the hassel of having to go get these games/consoles.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'll be buying a Revolution. I was going to before I heard about this, but this is just lagniappe. I want to support Nintendo. It will be a very dark day if they ever leave the video game business.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i buy a new console for new games. there are enough new games that playing old games is a total waste of time. emulators are fun to try out for novelty and nostolgias sake..but playing it for hours? blah...its nice they do it, but its not a must buy feature.