Nine of Eleven Dead POW's American

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Sxotty
Lowtech if you are really from Vietnam, then tell me this how can you criticize the US so much, and complain about the patriot act? Look around man. Many people are horribly jealous of the US and therefore say everything we do is bad, but geez. And it is too bad for you that America did not win the war in Vietnam your country would be better for it. I promise south koreans are happy we won there. I am sorry if you cannot grapple with the anger you feel towards Bush but it is irrelevant he will be gone in a few years regardless that is what is nice about living here.

Whether the US administration gets better is irrelevant b/c in 8 years it changes regardless.

You realize that Ho Chi Min came and asked the US for our help right? We turned him down because we were f*cking idiots and we wanted to help the french lol. So he asked the Russians and they said sure, then the French came whining to us that we needed to help them and we did.

Right now we are kicking a despot out of Iraq, if we had kicked the French out of Vietnam right after WWII none of the sh!t you are talking about owuld have happened. Sitting on your hands and letting everything go to crap is a bad idea. It comes back to haunt you that is lesson from history
"
Ho Chi Minh worked for the American intelligence in Indochina during World War II, from 1943 through 1945. Although trained in Moscow, he was primarily a nationalist seeking independence for his country and sympathetically pro-American, just as Mao Zedong and Kim Il Sung were (and incidentally, Kim Jong Il is).
America financed and advised Ho until late 1945, when Truman betrayed him and gave Indochina back to the French. The United States financed and advised the French until 1954--when we betrayed them and gave Indochina to Diem.

We financed and advised Diem until 1963, when we betrayed him and gave Indochina to a succession of other failing leaders. And sent in hundreds of thousands of troops. We ended up betraying the South Vietnamese as well.

Our Ho - Fact and Fiction by Alan Trustman -- the author of the 1994 novel "Father's Day" and a dozen produced movies including the two Steve McQueen classics, "The Thomas Crown Affair" and "Bullitt" -- is an action-adventure, love story and mystery set against the background of what really happened during the early years in Vietnam.

The truth about Ho's pro-American days has been published previously in sources largely unread and out of print, but it was omitted from the Pentagon Papers. Why?

There is more:

During World War II, Ho rescued our downed pilots and provided in formation on Japanese troop movements. Our Navy and OSS loved him. At the end of WWII, Ho adopted a constitution similar to ours and declared independence. He disbanded the Communist Party and called for a general election with all parties participating. The Americans on the scene were treated as heroes, loved and celebrated by everyone.
"

The right thing was to give the people of Vietnam control, but we didn't and look were it lead.

The right thing now is to give the people of Iraq control, and I hope we do
Can you find my post that I said the NV is good?

And, why shouldn't criticizes your administration when they fugde up & kill my uncles, aunt, and grand parents?

Majority of my family were Nationalist, but they were hunted down by both the North & the South ++ the French & American, because they wanted Vietnam for it self not Communist, Frech colony nor under the rule of the Jap & American.

I have read many version of the Vietnam war such as the VC, the South, the Nationalist, the French version, the Amercian CIA version, and the translated version from checkoslavakia. And, found that they all are slightly different to large differences and have bias toward the author culture.

How can you say that people prefer war when the majority of the civilians that is in it don't give a sh!t who is who as long as their family is safe. You don't have a clue of what it is like to live with dozens of others in bomb shelter that is no higher than 1.5 meter in an area of less than 150 square feet for days because of the bombing. Then come out find your home has been destroyed, and your farm has been reduced to merely a field of broken trees, pit holes, and shrapnel. Then to make matter worst you find out from your neighbor that your friend & family have died in the last raid.

Thanks for the history lesson, and you are missing the point from what you have read. That there is no true enemies just pain, lost & suffering. And, we don't need the US to kick the French out of Vietnam after WWII, because they were too weak from fighting vs. the German. The true Nationalist were there to carry on the Vietnam legacy, but thanks to Ho & Diem it was dismantle (some were kill & others were jailed). An uncle that I have never met were a high ranking Nationalist that were jailed for 12 years by the South & I think 8 or 10 years from the NV, and he died in less than 2 years after his release from jail.

Just keep on thinking that they are jealous of you like a snobbish teenager that have no real friends, and you will one day be a good politician.

rolleye.gif

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Ho was never considered by the Vietnamese as a true Nationalist, because he was the foreigner brownnoser.

Did you know that there were 2 Vietnamese parties during the entire conflict, that semi lasted till 1975?

The NV killed or jail most of the leaders and took over the Nationalist party & lied to them that they are fighting the Amrican, then to find themself in re-educational camps after the fall of the South.

Do some research on who fly the blue/red/yellow star flag & why it weren't allow to fly in Saigon 3 days after the war.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: PreDatoR
A Vietnamese Candian that obviously needs to install some plexy glass into his stomach so he can finally see while his head is completely burried up his ass.... your only here to bash the US why don't you exit the same way you came in. You can't point out anything good about Americans, only can dig up the dirt ain't that right? If we are so fvcking bad why did you move to the country that boarders the US? Fvcking Idiot! I just love how foreigners just know it all about the US, when in all reality they wouldn't know their own ass from a hole in the ground...
I fail to see the intelligent in your rebuttal.

lowtech1

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Alistar7
This thread is about American POW's, I can see why we are talking about vietnam, is the Hanoi Hilton still open?

The US signed an agreement with its allies at the end of ww2 stating we would help protect each others territory. We kept our word to the French, and should have left the second they did.
I'm just pointing out the dirt of the America, because US is point out the dirt of Saddam as the logistic for this war.

How hypocrite of America to call the kettle black, but can?t take it themselves.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
Originally posted by: lowtech
Originally posted by: Alistar7
This thread is about American POW's, I can see why we are talking about vietnam, is the Hanoi Hilton still open?

The US signed an agreement with its allies at the end of ww2 stating we would help protect each others territory. We kept our word to the French, and should have left the second they did.
I'm just pointing out the dirt of the America, because US is point out the dirt of Saddam as the logistic for this war.

How hypocrite of America to call the kettle black, but can?t take it themselves.
It's you that can't take it. Your opinion is invalid, your "points" misguided at best.